Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

Compaq LTE 5100

- - - - - compaq LTE 95 98 ME

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

Retroer

Retroer
  • 8 posts
  • Joined 15-April 14

Hi all, I have just bought my "new" laptop Compaq LTE 5100.It has windows 95 UK edition. Anything I should do when I get it.Like updates or something...

Anything is appreciated :)

-Retroer

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

Retroer

Retroer
  • 8 posts
  • Joined 15-April 14

up ...

Flasche

Flasche

A bottled message!!

• PipPipPipPip
  • 596 posts
  • Joined 20-January 14

Here's a nice site. Scroll down to what version of 95 you have.

http://www.mdgx.com/

EDIT: I would update your system if you plan to web search. It wont hurt, and will help keep you clean.

Edited by Flasche, 17 April 2014 - 09:49 PM.

Seeker Of Truth by E. E. Cummings                                                                                           Quote (Me)

• seeker of truth                                                 "If you want to reach and discover the true meaning of order; You must go through chaos first."            344d0f9.jpg
  • follow no path                                 
  • all paths lead where
  • truth is here

Retroer

Retroer
  • 8 posts
  • Joined 15-April 14

Thanks for answering. I guess that you ment that i could upgrade to windows 98. I have been in that site for a long time. And downloaded every update :D...

-Retroer-

Flasche

Flasche

A bottled message!!

• PipPipPipPip
  • 596 posts
  • Joined 20-January 14

Thanks for answering. I guess that you ment that i could upgrade to windows 98. I have been in that site for a long time. And downloaded every update :D...

-Retroer-

No I did not mean upgrade to 98 (unless you want to), but there are two section for windows 95 osr1, and osr2. The Os you want is you choice.

Edited by Flasche, 17 April 2014 - 11:37 PM.

Seeker Of Truth by E. E. Cummings                                                                                           Quote (Me)

• seeker of truth                                                 "If you want to reach and discover the true meaning of order; You must go through chaos first."            344d0f9.jpg
  • follow no path                                 
  • all paths lead where
  • truth is here

Flasche

Flasche

A bottled message!!

• PipPipPipPip
  • 596 posts
  • Joined 20-January 14

I found something of interest for you and I. While searching for webbrowsers that I could use for my NT4 system on working on I found this page from a favorite source of mine http://toastytech.co...95browsing.html . It's a custom SeaMonkey 1.20 pre release that supports html 5 components. It also has a YouTube spoofer for flash. Happy hunting.

Edited by Flasche, 19 April 2014 - 04:25 PM.

• follow no path                                 
  • all paths lead where
  • truth is here

Retroer

Retroer
  • 8 posts
  • Joined 15-April 14

So can I update osr1 to osr2?? And I think those browsers could do almost everything,  cause they have html 5.

-Retroer-

Flasche

Flasche

A bottled message!!

• PipPipPipPip
  • 596 posts
  • Joined 20-January 14

So can I update osr1 to osr2?? And I think those browsers could do almost everything,  cause they have html 5.

-Retroer-

http://www.thenakedp...aq.html#upgrade

• follow no path                                 
  • all paths lead where
  • truth is here

Flasche

Flasche

A bottled message!!

• PipPipPipPip
  • 596 posts
  • Joined 20-January 14

-Retroer-

Here is a nice video of nt 3.51 on youtube with seamonkey 95 and youtube spoofer.

EDIT: opps :blushing:  here's the video

Edited by Flasche, 19 April 2014 - 03:26 PM.

• follow no path                                 
  • all paths lead where
  • truth is here

Retroer

Retroer
  • 8 posts
  • Joined 15-April 14

Nice video, but does youtube work with my laptop. It has only 90 mHz Pentium...

Flasche

Flasche

A bottled message!!

• PipPipPipPip
  • 596 posts
  • Joined 20-January 14

I wouldn't expect much, but the only way to know is to test it so give it a shot tell us how it works.

• follow no path                                 
  • all paths lead where
  • truth is here

Flasche

Flasche

A bottled message!!

• PipPipPipPip
  • 596 posts
  • Joined 20-January 14

It not youtube, but this might help. In this video someone plays a movie on the very laptop you have.

Welcome to MSFN :hello:

Edited by Flasche, 19 April 2014 - 04:25 PM.

• follow no path                                 
  • all paths lead where
  • truth is here

Retroer

Retroer
  • 8 posts
  • Joined 15-April 14

Yeah i have seen that video. I dont know how he could get that work.  Thanks for answering.

-Retroer-

Retroer

Retroer
  • 8 posts
  • Joined 15-April 14
Now when I have gotten it, it seems that it is LTE 5000 which means that it has only pentium 75mHz
And when I turned it off it didn't start anymore. No lights were flashing, no sound and nothing on the screen. I checked charger and it worked. So does that mean, that powerboard is damaged? I have nothing else what I could try so any info is appreciated.
PS. If I have to buy new powerboard links is great....
Best regards Retroer

submix8c

submix8c

Inconceivable!

• Patrons
  • 4,386 posts
  • Joined 14-September 05

Totally dead battery? Bad power supply connection? (Just thoughts...)

Edited by submix8c, 02 May 2014 - 09:27 AM.

Someday the tyrants will be unthroned... Jason "Jay" Chasteen; RIP, bro!

Posted Image

Retroer

Retroer
  • 8 posts
  • Joined 15-April 14
I think it could be the connector in lappy, but how I'm gonna check it out. Its not battery cause I have tried with and without battery. Charger gives me 18V, hope that's OK... Thanks for answering.
-Retroer

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users