Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

Difficulty in finding kb888111xpsp3.exe for Microsoft windows xp profe

- - - - - version 2002 service pack 3 v.3262

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

akshaysahu

akshaysahu
  • 1 posts
  • Joined 18-April 14

Hi,

I have Win xp professional in my system. I am unable to find the audio driver for this OS. Can someone provine me driver file kb888111xpsp3.exe please.

Kind Regard, 

Akshay

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

Tripredacus

Tripredacus

K-Mart-ian Legend

• Super Moderator
  • 9,880 posts
  • Joined 28-April 06

Donator

What service pack do you have?

What is the hardware ID of the audio device?

MSFN RULES | GimageX HTA for PE 3-5 | lol probloms
tpxmsfn1_zps393339c1.jpg

oldskool

oldskool

• 46 posts
  • Joined 09-April 14

That file is for win 2k,XP original sp1-2, and 2k3 original and sp1...Its not a driver.  Its a driver interface.  All it wil do is is find your audio device and allow you to install the driver for the device if the operating system is lower than SP3.  Meaning it only helps installing HD audio drivers on SP2 or lower.  But it self is not a driver.

Microsoft will email you the hotfix if you go to this link.  This is likely not your problem though.

That hotfix used to be included or may still be included in archived versions of realtek HD audio drivers as well.  Thats how I got mine.  before service pack 3 came out realtek used to include that hotfix with thier driver.  Becasue you needed to instal it before u could instal HD audio drivers back then.   Id upload it but its 500k limit.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/888111

What model computer do you have?  Make and model?  If it is a whitebox what motherboard do you have?  That will help alot in finding the right driver.

Edited by oldskool, 18 April 2014 - 09:07 PM.

erpdude8

erpdude8

MSFN Master

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,074 posts
  • Joined 24-November 04

That hotfix used to be included or may still be included in archived versions of realtek HD audio drivers as well.  Thats how I got mine.  before service pack 3 came out realtek used to include that hotfix with thier driver.  Becasue you needed to instal it before u could instal HD audio drivers back then.  

That hotfix is still included, even in the latest Realtek HD Audio driver package (R2.74) for Windows 2000/XP.  If you're computer uses Realtek HD Audio, there's no need for the KB888111 hotfix; just install the Realtek high definition audio drivers and they will work on XP SP3.  Read this little quote from Microsoft KB article 888111:

Version 1.0a of the UAA High Definition Audio class driver does not work on High Definition Audio implementations that were disclosed to Microsoft after August 1, 2004.

In short, just install the required HD Audio drivers from your PC manufacturer (Conexant, ADI/Soundmax, Sigmatel/IDT, Realtek or VIA) and not worry about KB888111.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users