Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

Replace resources in memory?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

Dblake1

Dblake1

Gamer/Programmer

• PipPip
  • 124 posts
  • Joined 16-May 07

Hello, I'm trying to do something similar to ThemeResourceChanger/ResourceSpy/OldNewExplorer, but am having trouble figuring out how to go about doing it. In theory, the DLL/program will check for UIFILEs/Bitmaps/other resources loaded by the system (for example, from shell32.dll) and load it's own in place of them (basically redirect the system to load those resources from my own files). I have no idea how to go about doing this sort of thing. I was wondering if anyone could show me some resources to look at so I can get started.

Windows 95: n. 32 bit extensions and a graphical shell for a 16 bit patch to an 8 bit operating system originally coded for a 4 bit microprocessor, written by a 2 bit company, that can't stand 1 bit of competition.

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

jaclaz

jaclaz

The Finder

• Developer
  • 16,028 posts
  • Joined 23-July 04

You mean something *like* detours?

http://research.micr...ojects/detours/

jaclaz

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users