Can someone who runs Chrome & FF test a Chrome ext for me?

I'm at my wits end with this. I use Chrome with the Open With Firefox extension and it just stopped working a few days ago. I've tried everything. I even tried on a clean XP VM with different versions of Chrome and still it does not launch FF anymore. The extension hasn't changed since January 18th so I don't know what in the hell is going on.

Can someone please install it on their end. Right click the extension icon and go to options. Set the path to firefox.exe, then visit a non Chrome store URL and click the icon and see if it launches FF with that URL.

:realmad:

This is getting really bizarre. I tested on my Windows 7 VM and it works flawlessly. I didn't even have to set the path. It set it itself.

I do a brand spanking new, stock and fully patched XP VM and it just wont work. Nothing happens when I click the extension icon.

It had been working for me on my real box for a very, very long time.

I use it all the time because Chrome has no extension like Element Hider Helper so I have to open the page in FF to trim the fat off. This way I get a lean page with just the links and stuff I want.

Thanks for trying.

I figured out what it was.Event Viewer had a bunch of side-by-side errors caused by the extension's dll. The author didn't include the dependencies in the extension. :thumbdown

I had removed .NET 2.0 and installed .NET 4 to test the newer EMET. .NET 2.0 includes the VC80s Visual C++ Redistributables that don't come stock in XP. That's why it worked in XP before and Windows 7.

Anyone like me ( I never install Visual C++ packages) that uses Chrome extensions using the Simple Get Plugin (npsimpleGetPlugin.dll) can download the 3 files needed -> npsimpleGetPlugin.dll-Dependency.Files.zip. It's just msvcp80.dll, msvcr80.dll and the manifest file. Put them in the extension folder that contains npsimpleGetPlugin.dll. You'll need to redo this every time the extension updates.
I have 2 extensions that use it; Open With Firefox and Open with external application. There's probably a ton more.

Tripredacus, I presume the dropbox link is OK since they're redistributables. They're just about always in software I've ever used. Delete if you disagree. :angel