Trouble with Foxconn 661 7mj motherboard

IanDumych

So I've been fighting to get this onboard sound to work for a couple days, and I'm going nuts. I got the driver from the sis website, since that's who made the chipset. It installs as a WDM driver, and windows complains that it's not the right driver even though everything I've read says it should be right. Any ideas?

http://imgur.com/jo0R6MV

http://imgur.com/JMJeCGE

You've cut out on the most important part of the information. The Description field for Audio Controller Hardware ID would specify the exact match for your card.

However, I found many entries in a Realtek WDM driver (incidentally it's 4.06 which has been mentioned recently around as not working for some reason) that match the partial string 0C in the SUBSYS section. Therefore I believe you should go to the Realtek site and grab whatever may still be available for your version of the OS (which again you didn't mention so we cannot possibly know).

If the earlier reports are correct, you may wanna search the web for Realtek driver packages older than 4.06, considering many manufacturers have gotten a bad habit of (intentionally?) offering bad/mismatched drivers for "retired" versions of Windows, probably trying to induce the idea that either the hardware, the OS or both may be defective, thus leading the user into buying "the newest and shiniest"... oh well, enough ranting. :)

Good luck hunting for drivers! ;)

Wow I just realized this thing is rocking a P4, it said P3 on the front of the case. I just went to my local PC recycling place and picked up another sound card, and now I am face palming really hard seeing that it probably has no Windows 9X support!

Here's the string for my onboard: Audio Controller Hardware ID: PCI\VEN_1039&DEV_7012&SUBSYS_0C95105B&REV_A0

New card I just picked up: Audio Adapter: Creative X-Fi XtremeMusic Audio Controller Hardware ID: PCI\VEN_1102&DEV_0005&SUBSYS_10031102&REV_00

This one MAY be your driver (it has the string in it) for the Realtek/ALC. Only thing missing is the "REV" part.

http://www.downloadwindowsdrivers.info/pci/ven_1039/dev_7012/subsys_0c95105b/

Scroll down to the Alienware link for "m7700a_Audio_5.10.00.5930.zip". It's 30mb, but that's because it's kind of an AIO-type but the download is rather fast. The INF to install is ALCWDM12.INF. It also has the AudioRack software.

Worth a shot and HTH...

edit - DOH! The direct link is there (from copy/paste, I guess).

Edited by submix8c

And I found the very same string in the above-mentioned Realtek pack, in Alcwdm12.inf and also Alcxau12.inf. That's definitely what you need.

The Creative card may come in handy at some later time, who knows...