Fitting new laptop screens

bookie32

Hi guys!

Look I had a customer with a new Asus K55VD Windows 8.1 and she shut the lid with a Cable inbetween and cracked the screen.

Asus here in Sweden don't have screens to buy but recommend a supplier that sells approved parts to laptops...

I ordered the new screen and connected it as some nice instructions showed me online...(don't usually fix screens etc)

Anyway, I connected the battery and tested the screen...I briefly had Asus come up on the screen and then it just Went to a light blue vertical lines as shown below...

I had explained this problem to the guy from their support and he said it must be a faulty screen...they then wanted to make sure that there was no damage to Cables etc...so I reconnected the old screen to show them that one as well...

I assured them that there was no problem with the Cables and was about to ask for a new one when I replaced the new screen again to take a pic when Power was added (Asus logo on screen)...didn't want to risk damaging the computer , so I added the main Power adapter instead of the battery....and it worked?!

I have spoken to their support and experts and no one can give me a reason...the only thing I could come up with was maybe the pixels need charging and a batttery can't manage that...?

Have we anyone that can give me some info on this...?

bookie32

post-163324-0-97845100-1399706123_thumb. post-163324-0-26491200-1399706552_thumb.

I have spoken to their support and experts and no one can give me a reason...the only thing I could come up with was maybe the pixels need charging and a batttery can't manage that...?

Have we anyone that can give me some info on this...?

Nothing to do with "pixels charging". It must have been a bad contact (connector not placed totally inside it's socket) between connector and screen at the back of the LCD, that's all ;). When you put in the battery all is fine now?

Hi puntoMX!

Well, I hear you  and I will accept that as the reason - just that I was so careful connecting it several times and under a magnyfying lamp that it is hard to accept that I had connected it wrongly or not fully....;)

It could be because I am going senile...LOL.

Yes, the computer worked well with just the battery after that.

I now know to double check, tripple check and you know the rest....lol

Thanks for your time!

bookie32

And if you want I can even give you a logical explanation for it. :w00t: (you can use it as an excuse ;))

Somehow one of the pins (or socket) had a very thin layer of oxidation, just enough to act as insulator.

By just disconnecting and reconnecting you "broke" it and everything worked after.

jaclaz