Is Vlmc a good moviemaker?

Flasche

While searching around the web for open-source alternatives for Adobe premier elements (I have it, but refuse to use it since its part of the adobe kingdom) bumped into the the dead Vlmc project made by VideoLan (VLMC "VideoLAN Movie Creator" is a free video editing software, offering features to realize semi-professional quality movies, but with the aim to stays simple and user-friendly.). Before it died, they released version 0.20 alpha. I decided to download it, but a little skeptical since its only an alpha realase. Is there anything I should know about it before using it.

What about the Windows ME movie maker program?

Never bothered with it myself (or any movie maker for that matter), but since it's already on my computer, and Flasche's too, I'm wondering if it's any good?

Never bothered with it myself (or any movie maker for that matter), but since it's already on my computer, and Flasche's too, I'm wondering if it's any good?

Windows Movie maker is listed as number 19. Windows Worst Features of All Time. http://www.pcworld.com/article/133191/article.html

Windows Me--which we declared the fourth worst product of all time--introduced Windows Movie Maker 1.0, Microsoft's answer to Apple's then-new iMovie video editor. You could say it was a tad bare bones: As we said in our original review, it didn't do titling or effects, offered a grand total of one transition effect, and could output video in only a proprietary format. Version 2.0, which came with Windows XP, was the first respectable one--although even it didn't live up to the Windows XP commercial it was featured in, which showed XP users flying Superman-style to the beat of Madonna's "Ray of Light." As for Windows Vista's Movie Maker 6.0, our biggest question is this: What happened to 3.0, 4.0, and 5.0?

So that must mean it's pretty good then. The typical knee-jerk reaction towards anything related to Windows ME.

*She's a witch!!! Burn Her!!!!!*

The arguments I get into on YouTube, trying to put some light into Me's name.

Speaking of this, does anyone out there, whom does use Windows Movie maker 1.0 tell us if its good, or not.