Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

Your Windows 7 PC is more likely to have malware than your XP one

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

-X-

-X-

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,425 posts
  • Joined 08-January 04

Donator

Interesting stats from the latest Microsoft Security Intelligence Report.

(Just skimming threw it since I'm about to get in bed. The interesting part appears to be on page 57.)

Your Windows 7 PC is more likely to have malware than your XP one

:whistle:

Edited by -X-, 11 May 2014 - 08:21 AM.

• Tommy likes this
[ Download all Windows XP Post SP3 High-Priority Updates with a simple double click @ xdot.tk Posted Image ]
If someone helps you fix a problem, please report back so they and others can benefit from the solution. Thanks!

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

jaclaz

jaclaz

The Finder

• Developer
  • 15,640 posts
  • Joined 23-July 04

Interesting stats from the latest Microsoft Security Intelligence Report

I think :unsure: you need a special permit to be allowed to post oximorons on MSFN  :w00t: :ph34r:.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oxymoron

jaclaz

Andromeda43

Andromeda43

Retired PC Tech.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,016 posts
  • Joined 14-August 05

If you bought your Windows 7 PC in a big-box store, instead of building it yourself, I'd almost guarantee that it has Malware on it, starting with whatever lame AV software was installed and then there's the Wild Tangent Games (known spyware).

Takes me about an hour, to totally DE-Bug a new PC these days.  It's a crime!

:cool:

A person with experience is never at the mercy of a person with an argument.

vinifera

vinifera

<°)))><

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,096 posts
  • Joined 27-August 09

NT 6 is malware

If you want true Windows user experience
try Longhorn builds: 3718, 4029, 4066

Tommy

Tommy

Brooke's Tommy honey <3

• PipPipPipPip
  • 578 posts
  • Joined 19-February 10

If you bought your Windows 7 PC in a big-box store, instead of building it yourself, I'd almost guarantee that it has Malware on it, starting with whatever lame AV software was installed and then there's the Wild Tangent Games (known spyware).

Takes me about an hour, to totally DE-Bug a new PC these days.  It's a crime!

:cool:

I never like to buy new OEM machines, I prefer to install Windows myself. Wild Tangent does drive me nuts, especially since it wants you to buy their games if I remember correctly. Norton AV is just pure crap in my opinion, you'd be better off with no virus protection than it. I had a Toshiba laptop I was working on for a client and it was so slow and bogged down. I took most of the crap off and it started running a bit better.

Talking about XP though, I went to our local computer store and picked up some free XP machines that people wanted to get rid of because they were scared of XP now since it's no longer supported and even he said that it's no worse off now than it was when it was close to new, which I somewhat agree with. As for Windows 7, I have to go out on a limb and say that I think people praise it way more than it deserves. There's nothing wrong with XP as long as you treat it good and you're always better off slipstreaming all your updates and service packs so they're installed when you install XP rather than doing them as separate updates. Heck, I've been using Windows 2000 and I scan my machine regularly with Malwarebytes and very seldom do I find a piece of malware that doesn't belong on the system (something that's not a false positive). Windows 7 most likely has a huge market share now so that's where the attacks are going to be directed at, but then that's just how I feel.

Daily running Windows 2000 Pro SP4 and Windows 98 Second Edition

2dtzy51.png
stillwin9xmsfnbt0.png

Flasche

Flasche

A bottled message!!

• PipPipPipPip
  • 584 posts
  • Joined 20-January 14

Why would M$ admit that xp is safer than 7 beats me.

Seeker Of Truth by E. E. Cummings                                                                                           Quote (Me)

• seeker of truth                                                 "If you want to reach and discover the true meaning of order; You must go through chaos first."            344d0f9.jpg
  • follow no path                                 
  • all paths lead where
  • truth is here

jaclaz

jaclaz

The Finder

• Developer
  • 15,640 posts
  • Joined 23-July 04

Why would M$ admit that xp is safer than 7 beats me.

Because they are frank and honest with their customers? :unsure:

(just an idea :whistle:) ;)

jaclaz

Flasche

Flasche

A bottled message!!

• PipPipPipPip
  • 584 posts
  • Joined 20-January 14
Because they are frank and honest with their customers? :unsure:

(just an idea :whistle:) ;)

jaclaz

Your right, just like that amazing windows 8.1 update :w00t: .

Seeker Of Truth by E. E. Cummings                                                                                           Quote (Me)

• seeker of truth                                                 "If you want to reach and discover the true meaning of order; You must go through chaos first."            344d0f9.jpg
  • follow no path                                 
  • all paths lead where
  • truth is here

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users