POSReady 2009 updates ported to Windows XP SP3 ENU

glnz

All installed fine here.
:thumbup
Amazed to suddenly see so many .NET 2.0 updates, and one rather large .NET 3.0 update after all this time.
I had assumed that at least 2.0 was actually no longer supported!
How many of those nine (!) .NET updates actually replace updates that some of us have offline installation files saved for?
:)

This month’s .net framework updates have, once again, produced a reboot loop here.  Specifically, the five 2.0 updates are installing (along with the others) fine, then the yellow shield reappears, I reinstall the updates, the shield reappears, ad nauseam.

KB3123055
KB3127223
KB3135986
KB3142027
KB3163248

This happened in April, but only affected, as I recall, two of ten machines.  So far, one of three machines affected by these July updates.

@Dave-H

The following .NET Framework updates are no longer needed:

For NDP20SP2-KB3135986-x86.exe
NDP20SP2-KB2863239-x86.exe  10/04/2013 + NDP20SP2-KB3035488-x86.exe  05/11/2015

For NDP20SP2-KB3142027-x86.exe
NDP20SP2-KB2972105-x86.exe  10/14/2014

My .NET Framework lists are be updated soon!

Edited by heinoganda

4 hours ago, bluebolt said:

This month’s .net framework updates have, once again, produced a reboot loop here.  Specifically, the five 2.0 updates are installing (along with the others) fine, then the yellow shield reappears, I reinstall the updates, the shield reappears, ad nauseam.

KB3123055
KB3127223
KB3135986
KB3142027
KB3163248

This happened in April, but only affected, as I recall, two of ten machines.  So far, one of three machines affected by these July updates.

How are you installing the updates, by clicking on the yellow shield or by going to the update site using Internet Explorer?
I've often found that if I do it from IE, the yellow shield still reappears and prompts me to install updates that are already installed, which I check by scanning again on the website. Eventually the shield goes away, but it can take some time! Occasionally it goes away as soon as another scan is done on the website.

3 hours ago, heinoganda said:

@Dave-H

The following .NET Framework updates are no longer needed:

For NDP20SP2-KB3135986-x86.exe
NDP20SP2-KB2863239-x86.exe  10/04/2013 + NDP20SP2-KB3035488-x86.exe  05/11/2015

For NDP20SP2-KB3142027-x86.exe
NDP20SP2-KB2972105-x86.exe  10/14/2014

My .NET Framework lists are be updated soon!

Thanks, I have deleted my archived copies of the installation files for KB3035488 and KB2972105.
All the others I have still seem to be relevant.
I didn't have a file for KB2863239.

10 minutes ago, Dave-H said:

How are you installing the updates, by clicking on the yellow shield or by going to the update site using Internet Explorer?
I've often found that if I do it from IE, the yellow shield still reappears and prompts me to install updates that are already installed, which I check by scanning again on the website. Eventually the shield goes away, but it can take some time! Occasionally it goes away as soon as another scan is done on the website.

I’m using the yellow shield method, though I’ve tried it with the browser as well (no difference).  Last time it happened, I also tried downloading the updates and running them manually.

Over the years I’ve often experienced the yellow shield reappearance after running all updates on a machine, but in those instances the yellow shield will subsequently show up only once again in the tray, and when I click it to install it vanishes, never to be seen again.

got the same as @bluebolt
all 5 Netframe 2.0 updates looks like correct installed onto my updates/software list;
but explorer update want to install again & again....sure the yellow shield as well.....

net2.jpg

So if the yellow shield is still telling you that updates that you've already apparently successfully installed are still needing to be installed, what happens if you do a "custom" scan on the website? Does that tell you they still need to be installed too, even though they are in the installed updates list as already being successfully installed?

sure the "custom" scan on the website says once more they are needed.

the installed update list says everything is istalled...as you saw above.

the event-viewer says for excample:
german: Updatename: KB3135986. Erfolg- bzw. Fehlerstatus der Installation: 0
english: Updatename: KB3135986. Success- or Mistakestatus of the Installation: 0

Last time it happened I could uninstall .net 4, then reinstall it, then let Windows Update do its thing--problem solved.  Unfortunately this time it’s .net framework 2.0, which I can’t uninstall.

That's not great, as IIRC Microsoft's answer for this sort of problem is to completely uninstall all .NET versions and reinstall them all from scratch, in order, which is a very lengthy undertaking!
Why can't you uninstall .NET 2.0 as a matter of interest? There is certainly an uninstall option present in Add/Remove Programs on my system.
:(

20 minutes ago, Dave-H said:

That's not great, as IIRC Microsoft's answer for this sort of problem is to completely uninstall all .NET versions and reinstall them all from scratch, in order, which is a very lengthy undertaking!
Why can't you uninstall .NET 2.0 as a matter of interest? There is certainly an uninstall option present in Add/Remove Programs on my system.
:(

While .NET Framework Service Pack 2.0 is listed in Add/Remove Programs, it is not available to uninstall.  The manual method discussed here is only for XP SP2:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/908077