POSReady 2009 updates ported to Windows XP SP3 ENU

glnz

Sorry, it was explained in the previous comments!

Download Link for Windows Installer 4.5, please install first!

23 minutes ago, DrWho3000 said:

when i opened Secruity centre and clicked checked for updates it opened IE and went to

45 minutes ago, heinoganda said:

Info WU/MU:

for Windows Update	http://update.microsoft.com/windowsupdate
for Microsoft Update	http://update.microsoft.com/microsoftupdate

with Internet Explorer!

:boring:

Edited by heinoganda

looking in the registry this is where updates point to http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com/windowsupdate/v6/V5Controls/en/x86/client/wuweb_site.cab?1355498745781

obviously it is out of date it is in

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Code Store Database\Distribution Units\{6414512B-B978-451D-A0D8-FCFDF33E833C}\DownloadInformation

what should i put there instead so it points correctly

Edited by DrWho3000
update

21 minutes ago, DrWho3000 said:

looking in the registry this is where updates point to http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com/windowsupdate/v6/V5Controls/en/x86/client/wuweb_site.cab?1355498745781

obviously it is out of date it is in

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Code Store Database\Distribution Units\{6414512B-B978-451D-A0D8-FCFDF33E833C}\DownloadInformation

what should i put there instead so it points correctly

Isn't that the address to get the Windows Update ActiveX components, not the actual Windows updates?

I don't think there's any way of correcting the actual Windows Update site address, where the embedded link in IE8 is no longer working.
:no:

Edited by Dave-H
Typo

i when i first tried going to the sites mentioned it did say ask about ActiveX yes

Link I posted I did tried changing address in registry but didn't work still had a white blank page showing Diagnostic Problem

I think the only option now is to forget about any IE8 embedded Windows Update links, as they no longer work. They re-direct to the Windows Update FAQ page on the Microsoft support site, which no longer works at all in IE8.
The address which now redirects doesn't seem to be stored in the registry, it's almost certainly hard coded.
Just make a favourite or internet shortcut pointing to one of the addresses that heinoganda gave earlier.
:yes:

I do not have updates if IE8 is available, whether it's naked or with patches, 100% download svchost.exe. The most interesting, when a clean Windows install IE6 gives an error when accessing the MU. It is necessary that it would work to install IE8, and then delete it, only so MU starts working on IE6. If all this is done, upgrade to MU within 1-2 minutes.
 I noticed while two components that violate the search for updates, it's IE8 and SP3 for the installation of the compatibility with 2007 Office, which is put for the 2003 version.

Hey gang - AskWoody has a post that KB4018556 -- which we all installed earlier this month -- might be a problem.  It's causing a winlogon problem in some XP machines.  And there's an update that MS has pulled it except for Server 2008.

See AskWoody_Link

What do you think?

At us, in russian-speaking segment as there are reports on problems with KB4018556. There were reports of winlogon errors, and in some cases there was a failure - BSOD. After removal, everything returned to normal.

Agat - I see that I CAN remove KB4018556 using Control Panel - Add/Remove Programs.  But if I leave it in for now, and it causes a BSOD later, how then would I be able to remove it?  Reboot into SafeMode cmd only, and use wusa /uninstall /kb:4018556  ?

Спасибо.

Edited by glnz

glnz Perhaps you will not be called BSOD, I read people simply deleted later in SafeMode, and everything was good. Probably in SafeMode through Control Panel - Add / Remove Programs, I do not know for sure.

The language version of Windows XP would interest me. At the moment, I can not reproduce this problem in the ENU and DEU version. Is MSI 4.5 (KB942288) installed?

:)

Edited by heinoganda

Cannot reproduce the issue on Polish XP as well.

News informed about Moldavian government. I cannot find whether there were Moldavian edition of XP or were they using some other national edition (maybe Russian or Romanian)?

By the screenshot on askwoody - it is clear that this is Russian localization.

The error gives a small percentage, most all seem to be okay.