Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

POSReady 2009 updates ported to Windows XP SP3 ENU

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
591 replies to this topic

heinoganda

heinoganda

• 30 posts
  • Joined 24-February 15

@ all

The following updates are available since today:

WindowsXP-KB3087985-x86-XXX.exe		08/18/2015 (mshtml.dll / Not Cumulative!)
IE7-WindowsXP-KB3087985-x86-XXX.exe	08/18/2015 (mshtml.dll / Not Cumulative!)
IE8-WindowsXP-KB3087985-x86-XXX.exe	08/18/2015 (mshtml.dll / Not Cumulative!)
WindowsXP-KB3077715-x86-XXX.exe		08/18/2015 (Cumulative Timezone Update)

@ glnz

According to my list, I miss the following updates for the .NET Framework:

Spoiler

:)

Edited by heinoganda, 21 August 2015 - 02:16 AM.

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

Dclem

Dclem
  • 5 posts
  • Joined 11-March 15

Received two updates this morning........Internet Explorer 8 security update and update to Windows related to daylight savings time.   Both installed and system functioning normally.

Bersaglio

Bersaglio

• 14 posts
  • Joined 03-October 14

Unofficial Updates from Windows Vista for .NET Framework 3.0 sp2:
NDP30SP2-KB3072303-x86-INTL.exe 08/10/2015 replaced KB3048073

Do not install this update! The official one is already out

http://download.windowsupdate.com/d/msdownload/update/software/secu/2015/07/NDP30SP2-KB3072308-x86_75A0782CEE3AC5EC0F81CB7427585F09B9593029.exe

• heinoganda likes this

heinoganda

heinoganda

• 30 posts
  • Joined 24-February 15

@ Bersaglio

Thank you for the info, I changed the list. Would be nice if you could find out a little earlier or can you give me a one source for these links?

dencorso

dencorso

Iuvat plus qui nihil obstat

• Supervisor
  • 6,074 posts
  • Joined 07-April 07

Donator

So... .NET 4.0 and .NET 3.0SP2... I went looking for and foun a new Silverlight (v. 5.1.40728.0), too!
The Security Update for Microsoft Silverlight (KB3080333) (also part of MS15-080) is available.

But do take care! To remember us of the new times at MS, unwanted things will be pushed on you!!!

Make sure to unselect "Make BING my search engine"  :puke:  and "Make MSN my homepage,"  :puke:  before installing.

The previous installers didn't offer either.

Attached Files

Mcinwwl

Mcinwwl

• 28 posts
  • Joined 12-April 15

Received two updates this morning........Internet Explorer 8 security update and update to Windows related to daylight savings time.   Both installed and system functioning normally.

Same in my case.

EDIT:

Is there a list of .net updates after IV 2014? Think I've seen it :crazy: 

Thought I won't be needing this, and yet I do... and strolling thru all the posts might take a time...

Edited by Mcinwwl, 20 August 2015 - 04:35 AM.

tomasz86

tomasz86

http://windows2000.tk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,549 posts
  • Joined 27-November 10
WindowsXP-KB3078601-x86-XXX.exe		08/18/2015 (Cumulative Timezone Update)

This is not a TZ update.

It updates:

atmfd.dll
gdiplus.dll
win32k.sys

The last TZ update is still the KB3062741 hotfix. Perhaps you meant KB3077715.

Edited by tomasz86, 20 August 2015 - 04:49 AM.

• heinoganda likes this

heinoganda

heinoganda

• 30 posts
  • Joined 24-February 15

@ tomasz86

Thanks for the note, as has probably crept an error sheer KB's, have corrected the list. 

@ Mcinwwl

List of updates for .NET Framework on Windows XP after April 2014

Spoiler

@ dencorso

Silverlight extract with conventional packer, then extract "silverlight.7z". When first installed first "silverlight.msi" run and then "Silverlight.msp". Run For Update Only "Silverlight.msp". Since you need no longer worry about any annoying changes that no one needs!

Edited by heinoganda, 21 August 2015 - 01:12 AM.

glnz

glnz

Junior

• Pip
  • 88 posts
  • Joined 25-January 11

Dave-H - Have you installed KB3087985 and KB3077715?  You OK out there?  Getting worried pal.

glnz      old Dell Optiplex 755DT XP Pro SP3 and new Optiplex 7010MT dual-booting Win7 Pro 64-bit and Win 8.1 Pro 64-bit (maybe soon Win 10?)

Dave-H

Dave-H

MSFN Expert

• MSFN Sponsor
  • 1,122 posts
  • Joined 04-January 06

Yes, both installed with no apparent problems.

The latter is only a new version of tzchange.exe (now 5.1.2600.6861) to update daylight saving time start and end dates which have changed in some countries.

Triple boot Windows 98SE SP2.1a, Windows XP Professional SP3 32 bit, and Windows 8.1 Pro 64 bit.
Dual 3.16GHz X5460 Quad Core Xeons with 8GB RAM. Dual graphics cards ATI Radeon X850 and Nvidia Geforce 210. 1920x1080 32 Bit Colour with Large Fonts.

vinifera

vinifera

<°)))><

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,161 posts
  • Joined 27-August 09

and if user has no dotnet installed will those updates refuse to dump their crap ?

If you want true Windows user experience
try Longhorn builds: 3718, 4029, 4066

dencorso

dencorso

Iuvat plus qui nihil obstat

• Supervisor
  • 6,074 posts
  • Joined 07-April 07

Donator

No. .NET is not required for updating XP and its derivatives and, in fact, just Media Center edition (and Tablet PC edition) ever included an "integrated" .NET, v. 1.0  (which is, by now, fully EoL, AFAIK). 

Molecule

Molecule

• PipPip
  • 203 posts
  • Joined 11-November 05

a batch scripting question for management of POSReady updates for XP users

The MS catalog site gives us a list of "XP Embedded" update files. (BTW, I learned today that a search on "POSReady" and on "XP Embedded" return different file sets. The former returns only system updates, the latter returns system update as well as the .NET updates and some hardware files.

The problem is, neither list gives us a MSxx-xxx to track the issue, or a KBnum for when a prior patch is being superceded.

I was wondering if there would be a way to write a batch that could help us doign that ... Basically, put all the system-only patches (type-1) in a directory, have the batch extract the updates, read the patch inf, and echo >> the isntall data to a comma-delimited database (or other delimiter). Each file (mostly dll) would be associated with an update KBnum, and have its dll version number, file size, file date. Roll through the patches in the dir, then save the database and delete the extractions. Users could feed the delimited data into a spreadsheet, sort on dll name and then version number, and from the highest version for each dll, generate a list of hot patches, and of patches which are superceded, because the dlls or whatever have higher version numbers. I'm sure it's probably more complicated, but that might be a start, since as it is now, MS gives us nothing to go by ... Could save all of us a lot of time .. I don't know how the .NETs could be tracked, so we rely on each other I guess ...

just wondering out loud ...

Edited by Molecule, 23 August 2015 - 08:55 PM.

can the platonic solids be constructed by gaussian modulation of rotational action, rotational action itself being an artifact of intersection of two sphaeric actions--the tetrahedron for example

heinoganda

heinoganda

• 30 posts
  • Joined 24-February 15

@ Molecule
for example "NDP40-KB3072309-x86.exe" search KB Article (https://support.micr...n-us/kb/3072309)
then you'll find on this page

Update replacement information

This update replaces previously released update 3048074.

A complete list (.NET Framework 3.5 sp1 & 4) could look like this:

Spoiler

Edited by heinoganda, 24 August 2015 - 11:00 AM.

w2k4eva

w2k4eva

• 32 posts
  • Joined 07-April 15

a batch scripting question for management of POSReady updates for XP users

The MS catalog site gives us a list of "XP Embedded" update files. (BTW, I learned today that a search on "POSReady" and on "XP Embedded" return different file sets. The former returns only system updates, the latter returns system update as well as the .NET updates and some hardware files.

The problem is, neither list gives us a MSxx-xxx to track the issue, or a KBnum for when a prior patch is being superceded.

I was wondering if there would be a way to write a batch that could help us doign that

This isn't needed. MS does (somewhat - sometimes there are errors) give the bulletin number and supercedence info. Do the search, then simply click on any of those results. The popup window has 4 tabs. The Overview tab will have the "MSRC Number" (at least if there is one) and the Package Details tab will have the replacement info (if any).

Skrell

Skrell

• 29 posts
  • Joined 08-October 05

I'm hoping somebody can please help me with this.  I'm currently following the directions here to make a POS addon for use with RVMi.

http://www.ryanvm.ne...art=3100#139773

However, when i integrate this addon along with my Onepiece's post SP3 updatepack my NTKRNLME.EX_ get's corrupt and winds up being only 1KB in size which then, obviously, won't allow me to install a working and up to date xp. 

Here are the packs i mentioned:

https://www.dropbox....ack_ENU.7z?dl=0

https://www.dropbox....don_ENU.7z?dl=0

I'm currently using RVM 1.6.1b2.1 .  

Molecule

Molecule

• PipPip
  • 203 posts
  • Joined 11-November 05

This is a thread on application of POS Ready updates to XP

So far none of them have caused any problem, and a whole lot of people have tested them.

That noted ... the problem with your Addon is most probably not a rogue POSReady update. (So far, there aren't any.) In other words, your problem can probably be traced to your introduction of a non-POS Ready file. Your problem cannot be replicated by creation of an Addon that uses only POS Ready updates. I've created several, using ONLY POS Ready updates, and all of them have built a stable system.

can the platonic solids be constructed by gaussian modulation of rotational action, rotational action itself being an artifact of intersection of two sphaeric actions--the tetrahedron for example

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

Google (1)