• Announcements

• xper

MSFN Sponsorship and AdBlockers!   07/10/2016

Dear members, MSFN is made available via subscriptions, donations and advertising revenue. The use of ad-blocking software hurts the site. Please disable ad-blocking software or set an exception for MSFN. Alternatively, become a site sponsor and ads will be disabled automatically and by subscribing you get other sponsor benefits.
aaronpriest

Help with conditions

9 posts in this topic

Can someone help me with this condition line? I'm trying to install Flash for IE on every operating system but Windows 8 or 8.1, and I just can't get it to work now that I have to exclude both 8 and 8.1:

cond[pn]=['getBits()==64 && (getOSver()!="Win8" || getOSver()!="Win8.1") && getFileVersion("%WinDir%\\System32\\Macromed\\Flash\\FlashUtil64_13_0_0_214_ActiveX.exe")!="13.0.0.214"'];

Thanks!

Can someone help me with this condition line? I'm trying to install Flash for IE on every operating system but Windows 8 or 8.1, and I just can't get it to work now that I have to exclude both 8 and 8.1:

cond[pn]=['getBits()==64 && (getOSver()!="Win8" || getOSver()!="Win8.1") && getFileVersion("%WinDir%\\System32\\Macromed\\Flash\\FlashUtil64_13_0_0_214_ActiveX.exe")!="13.0.0.214"'];

Thanks!

Windows 8 and 8.1 have flash built into them https://forums.adobe.com/message/4814662 so I dont see why you are trying to avoid installation on them.

Because it is unnecessary to update, and I want it excluded from the list of things to update on those two operating systems rather than showing a checkbox that it has to be updated. When I only had to exclude Win8 it worked fine, but I'm unsure how to exclude both. I tried putting an or condition in parenthesis, but it didn't work.

Edited by aaronpriest

Two command lines?

I'm trying to follow... wouldn't that mean one would always show up in the other OS since I'm trying to exclude just two? I might just set it to look for Win8.1 and remove the Win8 detection since I only have 1 computer I have to keep at Win8 for USB driver support for one device (8.1 changed something funky with USB drivers for some devices).

Hi,

If I get it correctly,when OSver = Win8, then 

getOSver()!="Win8" || getOSver()!="Win8.1"

is true, because False or True ==> True

I think you need to write

getOSver()!="Win8" && getOSver()!="Win8.1"

Regards.

Gilles

Well, DUH! Of course that worked fine, thanks!!! These multiple ands, ors, and nots, get me so tripped up. :-P

I use this condition to install on anything equal or under 6.1 in my Flash ActiveX in WPI

getOSvernum()<="6.1"