• Announcements

• xper

MSFN Sponsorship and AdBlockers!   07/10/2016

Dear members, MSFN is made available via subscriptions, donations and advertising revenue. The use of ad-blocking software hurts the site. Please disable ad-blocking software or set an exception for MSFN. Alternatively, become a site sponsor and ads will be disabled automatically and by subscribing you get other sponsor benefits.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bookie32

Shell Folders and User Shell Folders reset not working

2 posts in this topic

Hi guys :thumbup

OK! got a Little problem and would like to rectify it without creating a new user. I created a .Wim file incase of emergencies....lol

I didn't realise that the .Wim file was created after I had moved my user profile to Another drive....

This drive isn't working properly and I have backed up the files from it for safe keeping.

After reinstalling I was faced with the error for wrong driver for my user....

I have tried resetting "Shell folders" and "user folders" but am missing some of my folders. I have checked the registry settings and Everything looks OK - just not getting my folders back to normal.

Are there other regestry settings that affect the default user folders?

bookie32

Hi again!

OK! Solved it...

I created the folders that were missing with their standard attributes and then Went into the registry:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Shell Folders

and changed the names of the folders to the Swedish version and then restarted the computer.

After logging in again I changed the names of the folders themselves to the Swedish names and they automatically became the right ones again.

Before rebooting I changed back the registry settings again to the standard settings.

All is right with the World again.

bookie32

Edited by bookie32