Struggling to install openbsd amd64

As the title states, I'm struggling to install OpenBSD/amd64 on my hp pavilion p6510y. My goal is to dual boot it with my windows vista (64 bit), but when I plop my DVD in it just constantly brings up a bunch of random letters. (the letters you get with a corrupted hard drive except it doesn't make a long list, but randomly generates, letter at the cursor). My HP pavilion has a AMD Anthlon ll x4 (2.80 gh) processors, which is why I downloaded the OpenBSD/amd64. Do not the harddrive is not corrupt for I tried multiple hard drives, and accidentally the one with vista :ph34r: .

Thank you, but I already know about that.

Hmmm... have you tried booting the ISO in a VM? Sounds like the DVD you burned(?) got corrupted (maybe). I never burn faster than 4x DVD's and 8x for CD's (safe bets).

No I have not tried to boot in a VM yet, but I did have issues with dvd's and my computer before  :ph34r:  so that is a very possible (Most likely) answer. (I use imgburn just to throw that out there) I'll try in a VM, and will report here later.

Edited by Flasche

Yes, I figured as much (since you had downloaded it). Just inserting the link for other interested parties.

Also for the record -

http://h20565.www2.hp.com/portal/site/hpsc/template.PAGE/public/kb/docDisplay/?sp4ts.oid=4162263&spf_p.tpst=kbDocDisplay&spf_p.prp_kbDocDisplay=wsrp-navigationalState%3DdocId%253Demr_na-c02174835-30%257CdocLocale%253D%257CcalledBy%253D&javax.portlet.begCacheTok=com.vignette.cachetoken&javax.portlet.endCacheTok=com.vignette.cachetoken

Nice specs (including the DVD). ;) Be aware that using -any- DVD's (+ or -) that are RW -may- not boot at all (or improperly). I've seen that it's recommended to -not- use RW. I found out the hard way that CD/RW are ok but not DVD/RW. You have to -literally- "waste" non-RW's for testing unless yo first do in a VM. I like/prefer using "-R" for final Data DVD's (had a reader/burner that would not recognize +R Boot even though supported reading them -on running OS-) and +R for Video (unless your Commercial Player supports other-than). And the speed of burn still goes (safety net). :yes:

HTH