Why is Jewlery and wine valueable again?

ROTS

Can anybody tell me why? It just seems we get down to the level of value, everything starts to look lame.

I see books upon books, with wine. Even wine tasters clubs, where people taste, and spit out perfectly good wine.

Then their is jewlery, ranging from those plastic bangles, to super looney diamonds.

Can anybody tell my why this stuff is worth anything again? Can these things power ships? Could I make an armor out this material? Does it protect me from evil spirits, and allows me to face off against the dragon.

I just seem to see gems, rupees, etc, etc, and so forth "precious stones". I understand these things are made, from millions of years of rocks, being pushed together, however clones could be made in laboratories just same.

Can anybody tell me why? It just seems we get down to the level of value, everything starts to look lame. I see books upon books, with wine. Even wine tasters clubs, where people taste, and spit out perfectly good wine. Then their is jewlery, ranging from those plastic bangles, to super looney diamonds. Can anybody tell my why this stuff is worth anything again? Can these things power ships? Could I make an armor out this material? Does it protect me from evil spirits, and allows me to face off against the dragon. I just seem to see gems, rupees, etc, etc, and so forth "precious stones". I understand these things are made, from millions of years of rocks, being pushed together, however clones could be made in laboratories just same.

Rarity, and human greed.

real jewlery will never lose value, from both components (gold/silver + stone)

stones are being artificially made for years but they will never be as quality and rare as REAL ones that nature produces

as for gold/silver ... go figure, not much left of them on this planet ...