Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

new vbemp driver (Feb 2014)

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

RodgerOver

RodgerOver

Junior

• Pip
  • 94 posts

Hi,

is there some expert who can explain in more detail how to get the new LARGE screen resolutions with the updated driver ?

Do I need to update the bios (apparently necessary ?) and how can I do this ? I do not have enough knowledge to do this with the readme file alone.

Thanks in advance !

Roger

Edited by RodgerOver, 10 June 2014 - 01:56 PM.

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

rabbitmoose

rabbitmoose
  • 1 posts

Hi.

May i ask why you need too use the vbemp driver?

What gpu are you using?

Just trying to help you...

RodgerOver

RodgerOver

Junior

• Pip
  • 94 posts

Thank you for your reply - but I begin to believe that my problem is unresolvable.

I have an old MACbook Pro, I use for my astronomy (hobby) nights, on which I have installed WIN 98 (plus my old astronomy programs) via VirtualBox. The MAC has a 1440x900 screen, but I could (up to now) only get 1152x864 (and then screens above 1440x900) with the vbemp driver.

But after refelction, I beleive it will not be possible to use the new vbemp driver on a MAC, because the-  now possible - modifications through the bios are certainly thought to be applied to a WIN bios (and not an Apple one).

Thanks anyway

Roger

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

How to remove advertisement from MSFN