My .NET 3.5 graphics app is 8x slower in 7/8 than XP!

eatup

What can I do?  Targetting the app for .NET 4.5 didn't do nothing for it.  By slow, I mean the refresh cycle to display stuff in the app lags like hell in 7/8...  Why would the same source code produce sucky results in 7/8 than XP.  Was the .NET runtime in 7/8 that poorly coded?

An analogy is:  If my app was a game, the fps in XP would be something like 48, in 7/8 something like 8!

Edited by eatup

Do consider recompiling it with VC# 2005 instead (if at all possible), because that would reduce the .NET framework version required to 2.0, making it much lighter. The Visual C# 2005 Express Edition ISO continues to be available for free from MS, although they don't advertise it. If .NET is to blame, then we're speaking of a situation where lighting the application should make a big difference, and when thinking about lighting a .NET application, VC# 2005 is perhaps the best option in what regards the funcionality to overall size ratio. Than again, if this experiment results in no perceptible difference, then the problem must lie elsewhere.