Fixing (again) some Win7 annoyances

Dogway

Hello, there are more than a few bad things with 7, but most of them are dealed with ClassicShell and other tools. Yet there are a few ones I really want to get rid of.

Everytime I'm inside a pendrive (USB stick), CD, DVD, bluray, or external HDD, and plug it off Windows Explorer shuts down. I would like to know if someone has a workaround for this by using some software or maybe with AHK scripts.

Also if an external HDD or USB stick is wrongly plugged, a dialog shows asking you to format the drive. You are one click away of throwing out 500 or more gigabytes of data. This wasn't happening back in XP. Format is not dealed so lightly.

A third one is when I hold click a taskbar item and move the cursor up, a "hook" menu appears. Sometimes clicking something by mistake. How can I disable this menu?

If your Explorer.exe is crashing (see errors in Event Viewer) you can create a memory dump for it:

http://www.msfn.org/board/topic/130005-creating-memory-dumps/

For the USB plugin, I have not seen a format option to immediately appear... only the "scan to fix" which I just got used to closing.

And this "hook" menu, I'm not sure what that is. If you can provide a screenshot, it may help.