Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

Recognition Issues for SideWinder Force Feedback 2

- - - - - sidewinder install setup

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

Konuvis

Konuvis
  • 7 posts

Hi folks,

I need help with this issue, I've been googling for hours and can't seem to find anything relating to it (as seems to be the case with a lot of win98 issues). going a bit crazy.

I am running Windows 98 under VMWare and have my joystick plugged into a USB 3.0 plug.

When I run the Sidewinder install CD, during the step where it asks me to plug the joystick into a USB I get an error message: "Setup is unable to detect whether the controller is connected"

I follow the setup instructions, install the win98 drivers, everything but I always get the message and then It also doesn't appear in Gaming Options in the Controllers tab.

Once I had even left it plugged in before step 2 of the setup and I saw the stick center and the resistance was there but it still gave me the message.

Any ideas?

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

Konuvis

Konuvis
  • 7 posts

Here's a screenshot to help illustrate my issue.

Attached Files

Konuvis

Konuvis
  • 7 posts

Can anyone help me? I'm still trying to solve this.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: sidewinder, install, setup

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

How to remove advertisement from MSFN