Since about one month ago, the error message
"Windows Explorer has stopped working"
has been appearing at random in this computer.
In each case, selecting the option
has worked, without any problem other than the
closing of any folders that were open on the desktop.
"Look online for a solution"
does not return anything.
I did not intentionally install any new software about
the time this problem began.
I could not see anything suspicious using msconfig.
The only other thing I noticed is that opening of folders
I attached two typical "details" of the error messages.
The only diiference between the details messages is in the
offset values. There are quite a few of them, and I selected two
that appear very often. The strings after the semicolons are translations
O/S: Win 7 Home Starter X86.
Desktop: traditional (Not Aero).