Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

The upcoming new tool for Win 7/8/+ : My suggested name: nLiteX

- - - - - nlite vlite windows 7 windows 7 x64 windows 8 windows 8.1 optimize shrink tweak nlitex

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

Ultimist

Ultimist

• 15 posts

Nuhi suggested that any further discussion of the new tool should take place here on the vLite forums, for now, so here goes.

I have a suggestion for the name of the new tool.

nLite was such a success, I think the new tool should retain the nLite name in some form.

My suggestion is nLiteX, pronounced En Light Ex. It keeps the familiarity with nLite, avoids the problem of adding 7, 8, or numbers beyond that to the name. It also implies a new, expanded nLite with new capabilities, and ensures that the tool won't need to be renamed for future versions of Windows.

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

aviv00

aviv00

Windowaizer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 974 posts

great name

my suggestion:

Eight Lite

eLite

or 9Lite

Windows 9 beta should come soon :)

Edited by aviv00, Yesterday, 02:23 AM.

nuhi

nuhi

nLite & vLite human.dll

• Developer
  • 4,338 posts

Ultimist, yes, I agree about the general nLite notion.

I also had an idea of 'nLite SE' (second edition, or seven-eight), maybe even someone told it to me.

But the problem is that 9 will eventually be out and probably supported, so SE gimmick of having dual meaning would be out and all we would be left is Second Edition, which is kinda too literal and may indicate XP support, which it won't have.
Then nLite Pro... but what about Free license, maybe nLite 2... that gets confusing as XP is not supported.

X is not bad, just it reminds me of the word Ex - like past something. Didn't bother me in DirectX.

Also it indicates X - like all versions, again people might expect XP, but I can live with that.

X is winning so far - also would be ready for Windows X.

Maybe we should go MS route and name it nLite One :)

aviv00, I would like to avoid tying it to the Windows number because that may change and I don't want to change the name of the tool each year.

Edited by nuhi, Yesterday, 05:15 AM.

http://www.nliteos.com | http://www.vlite.net
Remove components and customize Windows

Innocent Devil

Innocent Devil

• PipPipPipPip
  • 633 posts

what about 'uLite' ? or iLite (oops Apple might sue you)

nLite

uLite

hLite

iLite

:)

• aviv00 likes this
"The level of security that Vista is trying to achieve to protect video and audio is more extreme than anything the US government has ever considered necessary for protecting its most sensitive classified data."

Read Full Article @ [A Cost Analysis of Windows Vista Content Protection]

Don't be lame [Linux is NOT Windows]

aviv00

aviv00

Windowaizer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 974 posts

Nuhi if u need tester i have ssd and i7

i would like to help :)

hessam

hessam

• PipPip
  • 132 posts
what about WLite= Windows Lite ? no need more like vlite SLite windows7 ELite windows8

Kelsenellenelvian

Kelsenellenelvian

WPI Guru

• Developer
  • 8,743 posts

xLite...

dencorso

dencorso

Adiuvat plus qui nihil obstat

• Super Moderator
  • 5,782 posts

Donator

Grr8Lite!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: nlite, vlite, windows 7, windows 7 x64, windows 8, windows 8.1, optimize, shrink, tweak, nlitex

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

How to remove advertisement from MSFN