The upcoming new tool for Win 7/8/+ : My suggested name: nLiteX

Ultimist

I'm pretty sure people will use it regardless the name.   Seriously, I used the first two versions (nlite and vlite) even though you spelled 'light' wrong both times.   :angel

Maybe you could call it

Huge Windows Disk Phixer or HWDP for short, probably be pretty popular with the euro crowd.

Edited by MrJinje

Since all new OS are based from NT Kernel why not use

Sure, all new OS's starting from Windows NT 3.1 in July 1993 ..... ;) (though at the time you didn't actually *need*/*want* to make them "lite", the game was to add to them things you needed).

A few years later I had a NT 4.0 with only the help/doc files deleted and slightly optimized on a ZIP 100 disk :whistle: 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_NT#Hardware_requirements

jaclaz

ricktendo, nTool looks nice, but it is (probably) widely used. And unprecise, the "tool" part. But it sure looks nice and clean. While nLiteX looks a little messy.

MrJinje, dencorsosixcentgeorge, :)

gendouhydeist, ooo...we have a winner, and it was so obvious. NTLite... that's it, we're done, thank you for participating. Second favorite is nLiteX.

Why do I like NTLite. First it's similar to nLite, then it's not (too obviously) taken, and NT is self-explanatory, which covers any today's Windows version, as X would do.

Simple...

... until its done ....

So it still can be anytime (months, years, forever), nothing certain. Ok, I am not wasting more time, do my things without...

Edited by LeakHunter

LeakHunter, in one of my previous posts in this topic I said 2-3 weeks (that was said on 3rd of August).

I am sorry if I leaded you on to wait, it wasn't my intention, but the completion of the first public version is near, of course.

I may have been off in my calculations for a week, we'll see.

petrus, I am aware that the development shouldn't be stretched for too long. Imagine how I felt more than a year ago when it started, and on each bigger obstacle question the entire idea. But of course, I love this, and it will show in the tool.

Good about Update 2, indeed.

If you guys knew what details are delaying it, you would slap me. But, I feel that the summary of those details are the key.

And since I see a little bit more hype than I would like, it bears repeating; don't expect too much from the first version, nLite was developed for years.

These days starting to work on a website,that means the critical todo list has finally shrinked.