The upcoming new tool for Win 7/8/+ : My suggested name: nLiteX

Ultimist

I still think nLitex was cooler

x For:

xtreme slimming

expel/ expunge that junk

x any version

whatever x /ex word you can fit in there to work with it.

like XDR eXtremely Delayed Release ;)

jaclaz

I still think nLitex was cooler

x For:

xtreme slimming

expel/ expunge that junk

x any version

whatever x /ex word you can fit in there to work with it.

like XDR eXtremely Delayed Release ;)

jaclaz

nuhi did not gave you some beta to check ?

these days are one year after he teased his new windows-lighter ....the market , sorry the people , are searching a tool like that like mad ;']

nuhi will make it out soon , may be before next month

Just to update you guys on the progress.

Whenever I find out about an issue that would make me feel bad and had to fix it immediately if it was public, I must fix it before the release.

Currently fixing an important issue with cleaning hotfixes from sxs.

This paused the final todo list execution, but I'll be back on track soon.

24th of August was last announced deadline, of course that won't be met, buy as I said in this topic before, maybe for a week. I don't see as many delays as you guys speak of, but it may be the general feeling as I was away before this.

Good thing I was keeping it relatively quiet over the year(s), or you would freak out waiting :)

Gonna release unattended and tweak page with less content than planned, so we can continue developing it together (those are free anyway).

I can live with less content, but not with buggy content.
So after existing functionality passes my tests, beta will be released, just a guess would be ~2 weeks.

24th of August was last announced deadline, of course that won't be met, buy as I said in this topic before, maybe for a week. I don't see as many delays as you guys speak of, but it may be the general feeling as I was away before this.

So after existing functionality passes my tests, beta will be released, just a guess would be ~2 weeks.

Well, I guess you are actually asking for it : :w00t::ph34r:

Here it is ;):

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20140902T00&p0=3322&msg=Nuhi%27s+unnamed+nice+tool&swk=1

jaclazDUCKEMOTICON_04.gif

jaclaz

Edited by jaclaz

what about giving a beta-bugged to jaclaz ?

he has a big experience in windows , may be even bigger than you can imagine

Well  it is not very nice of you to suggest that I receive a beta-bugged version :(.

But more seriously (but not much), I am really not :no: the right kind of guy for testing something aimed to Vista (that I never used) or Windows 7 (that I very rarely use) and to Windows 8 (that I only manage to NOT touch :w00t: with my ex-Vista sticks ;)):

http://www.msfn.org/board/topic/125258-nlite-and-microxp/?p=807225

jaclaz

i was not saying to make a buggy version for you....

i mean a current beta nuhi is working on .

you read so much "windows" forum and topics , that you should be quickly helpful with a solution nearly coming from nowhere for usual people , like MDGX or wimb [that i know well from reboot.pro or 911cd.net [ where you both do moderation ]]  wimb should be the right guy to help nuhi if you have to much to do  ;)  :thumbup  :yes:

@nuhi : this wimb dude http://www.msfn.org/board/user/132150-wimb/ is tough guy when it comes to shrink windows 7-8 . 

http://www.911cd.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=23553

what i mean with guys i advise , is that they faced some bug you should be having especially with this winxs folder that kills .

Edited by sixcentgeorge

Well, if this is going to be a "preventive bug fixing thread" where mentalists foresee the bugs that will be in the tool when it will be released and suggest in advance to nuhi what he should change to fix them before they happen it will become much more fun, but I doubt that I might be of much support, I am still having a lot of troubles with my crystall ball being out of tune and as anyone knows I really suck at tarots and I-ching :ph34r:.

On the other hand if - without having any idea of what nuhi has included in his tool - the thread is going to be a feature suggestion one, there is the risk that it might become counter productive, offering to nuhi good excuses to delay the release :w00t::ph34r: because he likes a suggested feature that he didn't thought about earlier and he absolutely wants to include it in the release ;).

My idea is to just keep everyone entertained with this thread (using some smoke and mirrors when needed) so that the wait will seem shorter, while allowing nuhi to work to the last details.

And now, hard-hardlinking and installing Windows 7 on FAT32 :
http://reboot.pro/topic/19643-winsxs-hardlinked-files/

jaclaz