Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

How much Ram for Seven 64b?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

pointertovoid

pointertovoid

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 466 posts

Hello you all!

I've no experience with Seven (used 95, 98, Me, 2k, Xp) but consider installing the 64b variant on a friend's computer having Xp up to now who uses only a web browser.

The machine has 1GB Ram, which MS says is the minimum for Seven - but usually this minimum doesn't suffice to my taste. I'd add some capacity if installing Seven.

So: at what Ram size does Seven 64b run at full speed?

Thank you!

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

Tripredacus

Tripredacus

K-Mart-ian Legend

• Super Moderator
  • 9,706 posts

Donator

Well, what are your software requirements? I doubt you are going to just install Windows 7 and nothing else. Basically if you are using 64bit, your minimum RAM level is 4GB.
MSFN RULES | GimageX HTA for PE 3.x | lol probloms
msfn2_zpsc37c7153.jpg

MagicAndre1981

MagicAndre1981

after Windows 7 GA still Vista lover :)

• Patrons
  • 5,950 posts

Donator

64Bit is only useful when you use 4GB or more RAM. With only 1GB RAM, stay at the 32Bit version.

Posted Image

submix8c

submix8c

Inconceivable!

• Patrons
  • 4,199 posts

Friend's computer sitting next to be. Win7 Ultimate with 1gb RAM and runs just fine ATM. :yes: Plans on using a plotter with it for making spray paint templates (auto, cycle, etc), which means they will probably need to get a graphics editor, so I suggested going another 1gb (takes max 4gb).

Also, is the MoBo/CPU a 64-bit? If not, that Win7x64 is a no-go anyway. "Uses only web browser" kind of makes it pointless to go overboard, doesn't it? Stay with the existing hardware and go 32-bit. ;)  A 3d party Real-Time Antivirus (in lieu of Windows Defender) will eat more RAM so, that's your choice but still 1.5->2gb should suffice. Also, heed the above comments.

HTH

Someday the tyrants will be unthroned... Jason "Jay" Chasteen; RIP, bro!

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

How to remove advertisement from MSFN