Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

Windows ME on Acer Aspire 5502WXMi (ATI Mobility Radeon X700 problem)

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

pkkilleru

pkkilleru

• 18 posts

This is quite interesting...

• The string can contain one or more detection switches separated by a semicolon (;). For example, if you want to use /p fand /p i you type setup /p f;i.
  • Some switches are simply on/off switches. The absence of the switch implies off; the presence of the switch turns it on. A minus sign (-) appended immediately after a switch turns it off.
  • Some switches take parameters in the form of c=params. If there is more than one parameter to a switch, the parameters are separated by a comma (,).
  • There must not be any spaces in the detection option string.

• b - This switch enables Prompt Before mode. It prompts you before a detection module is called so that you can step through each detection module manually and decide if you want to skip it. 

The default is disabled. 

Example: setup /p b

• x=res list - This switch excludes the listed resources from detection, where res list is one of four possibilities:
    • io(xxx-yyy,xxx-yyy,...)
    • mem(xxxxx-yyyyy,xxxxx-yyyyy,...)
    • irq(x,y,z,...)
    • dma(x,y,z,...)
    This switch protects resources so that no detection modules can access them. 

Example: setup /p x=io(300-30f,240-24f)

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

jaclaz

jaclaz

The Finder

• Developer
  • 14,254 posts

You mean this?:

http://support.micro...kb/186111/en-us

jaclaz

pkkilleru

pkkilleru

• 18 posts
At this point i am out of ideas and pretty much heart broken, obviously the geforce go 6600 has trouble with the intel pci express root 2951 or wherever it's installed. The video card does not appear on any of the resources in device manager, but in I/O range there are a bunch of things "used by unknown device" which could be the video card.

The last thing i will try is to find a plcc32 eeprom programmer to flash a larger eeprom so it can accommodate a larger (maybe toshiba) bios, but i highly doubt the motherboard would even want to boot.....

Clearly there is an issue between this nvidia pci express card and windows 98/ME, the bios or video bios are not the issue because the configuration works great on windows 2K/XP.

Still i don't know why the ATI card worked just fine with the original bios and windows 98/ME except for the stupid driver which would not detect my laptop panel properly...

Ah well... this was an epic project, too bad it failed miserably...

Drugwash

Drugwash

MSFN Expert

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,255 posts

If it was an AGP card you wouldn't have had any problems, I suppose. But with PCIe... :(

Well, you did your best, it's an experience that may help you in the future. Keep your head up! ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

How to remove advertisement from MSFN