Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

XUSBSUPP - eXtended USB Supplement for Windows 95 OSR2

- - - - - NUSB for Windows 95 USB OSR2 95B 95C NUSB RLUSB XUSBSUPP USBSUPP

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

athanasios

athanasios
  • 7 posts
  • Joined 06-May 15

Bad luck!

Memory problems came back.

I went the way down till 32MB. The strange thing is that at some settings under 768 it works whereas if you lower it it doesn't. And then you go more down and it works and then more and it doesn't... This doesn't make sense. There must be something else there besides the MaxPhysPage barrier.

So I will keep it 32MB and another 64 for swap and see what happens.

Also SB (CT4750) 'worked' even though installations crashed (first due to insuf. memory) then due to lack of internet-I suppose it affected only update. '' > because DOS mode legacy device doesn't: aka you cannot configure it because resources conflict with PCI bridge resources-here is the missing mobo drivers for W95 we were talking before-another time I will try with those infs and see if I can do something.

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

athanasios

athanasios
  • 7 posts
  • Joined 06-May 15

inf's don't do anything. Even older versions. :(

YURBAN

YURBAN
  • 3 posts
  • Joined 20-September 14

Is your Win95 OSR2.5 ENU? Or is it RUS?

English of Course, OSR 2.5 ENU, i Updated Bios to Official Update Release From A-Trend (1.33 03 ATC-1020), Few Bios Features and Same Problem, But If i Have RAM problems, i cannot play Lighting 3 F22 with 3Dfx and other older Games w/o Problems...

I Tried Using USB Drivers from Windows 98 SE EN Distribution (Install From A Disc... Then Inf) But no Luck Too..

I Think Not All USB Mouses and PS/2 Work Properly with Old Hardware, Cause Port Speed (PS/2 or USB) is too Slow...

By The Way, Before i Start Testing my Old Rig, Ive been Replaced all Older Cap's in PSU and on the Mobo to New

Edited by YURBAN, 31 May 2015 - 11:25 PM.

rloew

rloew

MSFN Expert

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,172 posts
  • Joined 30-May 05
PS/2 Mice and Keyboards work with Windows 95.
Neither USB Mice nor Keyboards work with Windows 95.
Only a major Patch that Lonecrusader and I developed can run USB Mice or Keyboards.
Ye who enter my domain. Beware! Lest you become educated in the mysteries of the universe and suffer forever from the desire to know more.

GMP

GMP
  • 1 posts
  • Joined 28-June 15

I just wanted to say a big Thankyou for developing this and making it available. It's an absolute godsend to someone like me who's just rebuilt an old P233 from bits & pieces to run some old music software on W95, and who completely forgot USB wasn't supported. Transferring files via CDRWs wasn't an inspiring prospect.

As warned, my USB MIDI keyboard won't work but it can at least be powered via the USB lead while using a different MIDI cable. Windows uses the supplied drivers but installs it as a USB control device rather than a Sound, Video & Game controller (which I think is the case under W98). I tried doing it manually but I expect you could've told me that would be a waste of time too!

Anyway, thanks very much!

LoneCrusader

LoneCrusader

Resistere pro causa resistentiam.

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 865 posts
  • Joined 11-May 09

Donator

I just wanted to say a big Thankyou for developing this and making it available. It's an absolute godsend to someone like me who's just rebuilt an old P233 from bits & pieces to run some old music software on W95, and who completely forgot USB wasn't supported. Transferring files via CDRWs wasn't an inspiring prospect.

As warned, my USB MIDI keyboard won't work but it can at least be powered via the USB lead while using a different MIDI cable. Windows uses the supplied drivers but installs it as a USB control device rather than a Sound, Video & Game controller (which I think is the case under W98). I tried doing it manually but I expect you could've told me that would be a waste of time too!

Anyway, thanks very much!

You're welcome. Glad you found it useful! :thumbup

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: NUSB for Windows 95, USB, OSR2, 95B, 95C, NUSB, RLUSB, XUSBSUPP, USBSUPP

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users