Just to see whether this Laptop will at all support Windows 7 in ANY mode?
If your laptop meets minimal Win7 system requirements AND can boot from USB HDD (choose disk in UEFI BIOS) - of course you can experiment with HDD on cheap, using VHDs for convenience. It should, since UEFI support indicates newer laptop model. Or burn a DVD from Install ISO if you have a burner. Don't set chaotic multiple goals though, structure your tasks in stages, try to understand what exactly you do and why...
Install or Migrate UEFI OS from ISO to VHD(X) in running Windows (8.1 or 7 Ultimate/Pro):
- boot Windows 7/8 from laptop disk's C:\ volume, and hook up USB HDD to the laptop
- in Disk Manager initialize USB HDD as GPT, create & format NTFS partition on it & label & mount to G:\
- create fixed VHD(X) 20Gb on USB HDD, initialize as GPT
- create, format and label 100MB Fat32 EFI System, 128MB MSR, and large NTFS Windows 7/8 partitions on the VHD(X)
- mount EFI volume on VHD(X) to V:\ , and NTFS to W:\ , make it active
- open Command Prompt as Admin
Install new OS to VHD(X)
- mount Win 7/8 Installation ISO to E:\ with ImDisk or Win Explorer
- check available OS versions on the ISO using DISM GUI or DISM
Dism /Get-WimInfo /wimFile:"E:\sources\install.wim"
- mount the WIM to O:\ (optional to add drivers):
Dism /Mount-Image /ImageFile:E:\sources\install.wim /index:1 /MountDir:O:\WIM (/ReadOnly)
- dismount the WIM
Dism /Unmount-Image /MountDir:O:\WIM /commit (or /discard)
- apply WIM image to VHD(X)
Dism /apply-image /imagefile:E:\sources\install.wim /index:1 /ApplyDir:W:\
- dismount Windows Install ISO in Windows Explorer
OR: Migrate existing OS with Apps to VHD(X)
- create a new folder on USB HDD for OS Migration image
- Capture existing OS with Apps for Migration using DISM
Dism /Capture-Image /ImageFile:G:\Migration\WinImg.wim /CaptureDir:C:\ /Name:"Windows 7"
- mount the WIM to O:\ (optional to add drivers), then dismount
- Apply WIM of captured for Migration OS with Apps to VHD(X)
Dism /apply-image /imagefile:G:\Migration\WinImg.wim /index:1 /ApplyDir:W:\
Make VHD(X) Bootable
- enable Win7 native USB/VHD boot registry settings (no need for Win8)
- add boot environment to VHD(X)
bcdboot W:\Windows /s V: /f UEFI (or ALL)
- add VHD(X) to the laptop's boot menu
- dismount VHD(X) and Shift-Restart your PC from it to Specialize new OS
OR: Boot VHD(X) from USB HDD as Boot Drive
- Boot UEFI WinPE or Installation DVD to X:\, if no OS installed on a new PC internal HDD
- create, format and label 100MB Fat32 EFI System, 128MB MSR, and NTFS partitions with Diskpart on USB HDD
- mount EFI volume on USB HDD to V:\ and NTFS to W:\
- copy VHD(X) with Windows 7/8 applied to W:\
- add boot environment to USB HDD
bootsect /nt60 c: /force /mbr
bcdboot X:\Windows /s V: /f ALL
- add VHD(X) to USB HDD boot menu
- reboot the PC to boot VHD(X) from USB HDD
- in case of Win7 as laptop's main OS, use VHD instead of VHD(X), install WAIK to add ImageX or use DISM, add ImDisk for ISO mount
- in UEFI mode, installed Windows version 32-or-64 bit must match the PC architecture
- to Migrate BIOS Windows to UEFI, instead of installing WADK & using DISM, one can Backup & Restore OS to HDD or VHD(X)
- if transferring OS to a PC with different hardware, one needs to Generalize VHD(X) on old PC before Specializing on the new one
- when hooking the USB HDD to another PC, add VHD(X) again to its C:\ Boot Menu to boot from it
Cannot say if it can be of any help with your issue, but it is possible that "between the lines" of this thread:
it can be found something of use.
Is that were "Outside of Asylum" is? I couldn't ask a question there. Some folks posted in June 2014 that "the registration gate" on reboot.pro is closed, and apparently it still is. The site was for sale last year, traffic dropped dramatically before that, so may be they decided to close the gate forever, no new members allowed?
Edited by zamarac, Today, 05:23 PM.