Just to see whether this Laptop will at all support Windows 7 in ANY mode?
If your laptop meets minimal Win7 system requirements AND can boot from USB HDD (choose disk in UEFI BIOS) - of course you can experiment with HDD on cheap, using VHDs for convenience. It should, since UEFI support indicates newer laptop model. Or burn a DVD from Install ISO if you have a burner. Don't set chaotic multiple goals though, structure your tasks in stages, try to understand what exactly you do and why...
Install UEFI OS from ISO to VHD(X) in running UEFI Windows (8.1 or 7 Ultimate/Pro):
- boot UEFI Win8.1 from laptop GPT disk's C:\ volume, and hook up USB HDD to the laptop
- in Disk Manager initialize USB HDD as GPT, create & format NTFS partition on it & label & mount to G:\
- create fixed VHD(X) 20Gb on USB HDD, initialize as GPT
- create, format and label 100MB Fat32 EFI System, 128MB MSR, and large NTFS Windows 7/8 partitions on VHD(X)
- mount EFI volume on VHD(X) to V:\ , and NTFS to W:\ , make it active
- mount Win 7 or 8 Installation ISO to E:\ with ImDisk or Windows Explorer
- open Command Prompt as Admin
- check available OS versions on the ISO using DISM GUI or DISM
Dism /Get-WimInfo /wimFile:"E:\sources\install.wim"
- mount WIM to O:\ (optional to add drivers):
Dism /Mount-Image /ImageFile:E:\sources\install.wim /index:1 /MountDir:O:\WIM (/ReadOnly)
- apply WIM image to VHD(X)
Dism /apply-image /imagefile:E:\sources\install.wim /index:1 /ApplyDir:W:\
- dismount WIM and ISO in Windows Explorer
Dism /Unmount-Image /MountDir:O:\WIM /commit (or /discard)
- add boot environment to VHD(X)
bcdboot W:\Windows /s V: /f UEFI
- add VHD(X) to the laptop's boot menu
- dismount VHD(X) and Shift-Restart your PC from it to Specialize new OS
- in case of Win7 as laptop's main OS, use VHD instead of VHD(X), install WAIK to add DISM, add ImDisk for ISO mount
- in UEFI mode, selected Windows version 32-or-64 bit must match the PC architecture
- to Migrate BIOS Windows to UEFI, Restore your OS to HDD or VHD(X) using Windows Backup or package like Acronis instead of applying install.wim
Cannot say if it can be of any help with your issue, but it is possible that "between the lines" of this thread:
it can be found something of use.
Is that were "Outside of Asylum" is? I couldn't ask a question there. Some folks posted in June 2014 that "the registration gate" on reboot.pro is closed, and apparently it still is. The site was for sale last year, traffic dropped dramatically before that, so may be they decided to close the gate forever, no new members allowed?
Edited by zamarac, Today, 10:50 AM.