Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

I need some help with manipulating some regkeys

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

clivebuckwheat

clivebuckwheat

• PipPipPipPip
  • 569 posts

Hi I am hoping someone can help me.

I need to put the following regkey below in a regadd command and also I need to increment the clientid.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Sanako\Shared Components\NetCommPlatform\Client]
"ClientId"=dword:00000020 <--- this is HEX and needs to be incremented
"ServerAddress"="5E17-CONTROL"

For example: If the station number is 5E17-01 I need to change the client ClientId"=dword: to the hex value of 01 omitting the 5E17-

is there an easy way to do this in a script?

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

aviv00

aviv00

Windowaizer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 976 posts

try with powershell

there same nice guides to work with reg

clivebuckwheat

clivebuckwheat

• PipPipPipPip
  • 569 posts

try with powershell

there same nice guides to work with reg

unfortunately I don't know powershell

Yzöwl

Yzöwl

Wise Owl

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,532 posts

Donator

Unfortunately I am unsure as to your requirements!

Are you trying to increment? or change/replace? the hex value held in the ClientId by a specific number.

Is that number known/fixed? or is it based upon the value data returned from the ServerAddress key?

DosProbie

DosProbie

Friend of MSFN

• MSFN Sponsor
  • 721 posts

Donator

Hi I am hoping someone can help me.

I need to put the following regkey below in a regadd command and also I need to increment the clientid.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Sanako\Shared Components\NetCommPlatform\Client]
"ClientId"=dword:00000020 <--- this is HEX and needs to be incremented
"ServerAddress"="5E17-CONTROL"

For example: If the station number is 5E17-01 I need to change the client ClientId"=dword: to the hex value of 01 omitting the 5E17-

is there an easy way to do this in a script?

Yes it probably can be done but would need you to export a reg file and post here with more info as well like Yzowl said so script can be written, here is a basic reg add via commandline below.

Also since you did not post your reg file or specify if the value type for ServerAddress was a Multi string or Reg_SZ  I included both ways..

~DP :whistle:

@Echo off

:: Reg Add via Commandline
Reg Add "HKLM\Software\Wow6432Node\Sanako\Shared Components\NetCommPlatform\Client" /v ClientId /t reg_dword /d 0x00000020 /f >Nul
Reg Add "HKLM\Software\Wow6432Node\Sanako\Shared Components\NetCommPlatform\Client" /v "ServerAddress" /t REG_SZ /d "5E17-CONTROL" /f >Nul
:Or
Reg Add "HKLM\Software\Wow6432Node\Sanako\Shared Components\NetCommPlatform\Client" /v "ServerAddress" /t REG_MULTI_SZ /d "5E17-CONTROL" /f >Nul

DosProbie

DosProbie

Friend of MSFN

• MSFN Sponsor
  • 721 posts

Donator

We have never received any response back from you hopefully the same question you posed over at TechNet solved the issue.

http://social.techne...keys?forum=ITCG

~ :whistle:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

How to remove advertisement from MSFN