Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

Mice & Multi-Boot System

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

HoppaLong

HoppaLong

Junior

• Pip
  • 94 posts
  • Joined 05-March 05

I'm using a Kensington 72121 with a multi-boot system. It works fine with Windows
and Linux operating systems.

This Kensington model is no longer manufactured, but it's still available on a few sites.
The 72121 I'm using now is working ok. I prefer corded mice. Logitech's M500 seems
like a good substitute.

I've got some unique software running on 98SE that was created for my business. If I
keep 98SE the only way I could install Logitech's SetPoint software is with KernelEx.
I've tried KernelEx a few times. There were so many problems I always restored the
system before the KernelEx install.

Besides the big guys like Microsoft or Logitech I've noticed many other brands that I
don't know much about. Can someone suggest a mouse and software package that
is compatible with 98SE?

Attached Files

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

bonestonne

bonestonne

Friend of MSFN

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 866 posts
  • Joined 27-July 05

If you have  PS/2  port on the motherboard, that is the absolute easiest way to get around a driver issue like you're having.

It will work in every OS with no driver issues whatsoever. Plenty of optical PS/2 mice are available from a multitude of vendors.

New Machine:
|Dual Intel Xeon E5-2620--Xigmatek SD1283 DK-II x2|Asus Z9PA-D8--HR-55 IFX|Intel 530 Series 240GB SSD SATA3|32gb DDR3-1600 ECC RDIMM|WD Blue 640GB SATA2 x2|Apple Slim Keyboard|Apple Mighty Mouse|nVidia GTX660ti 2GB|Antec HCG-750|NZXT Source 210 Elite|M-Audio ProFire 2626|Art TubeOpto8 with Smooth Plate Tube Swap|Avid Artist Mix x2|Acer S211 HL-BD x2|

Old Machine:
||Core 2 Quad Q9400||Scythe Ninja||MSI Neo P45||Thermalright HR-05||M-Audio ProFire 2626||Cooler Master Elite 330||
||Apple Mighty Mouse||150GB WD Raptor HDD||640GB WD Blue||HL DVD+/-RW||nVidia GTX260||
||8GB DDR2-800 Dual Channel||Corsair 400CW PSU||Dell basic USB KB||150GB WD Raptor||2x 22" LCD||
||Boston Acoustic mains + Creative sub||Innovation Cooling Diamond 7 TIM||

submix8c

submix8c

Inconceivable!

• Patrons
  • 4,282 posts
  • Joined 14-September 05

I don't get it. :unsure:

Is this the one? It says 98 and up. Also USB or PS2 "flavors".

http://www.bhphotovi...lite_Mouse.html

And this appears to be the attached photo in your post -

http://cheapwiredmou...ox-optical.html

I've got some unique software running on 98SE that was created for my business.
So, what "features" are lacking that you need for this "software"? "Hotkeys"? (SMH)

BTW, why are you using Logitech software with a Kensington mouse?

Try using Kensington Mouseworks to see if it fits the bill.

http://www.majorgeek...ic_drivers.html

HTH

Someday the tyrants will be unthroned... Jason "Jay" Chasteen; RIP, bro!

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

How to remove advertisement from MSFN