Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

Exporting an image index to new install.wim + integrating windows upda

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Slimster

Slimster

I eat wasabi!

• 48 posts
  • Joined 31-August 04
Havent been doing any moding on win sources sence xp so bare with me :P ,
Integrating and comiting patches are no prob but im wondering how to integrate the windowsupdateagent exe
and if this is the correct way export 2ed index of install.wim to a new one with 1 st index :

Imagex /export 2 “E:\WIM\install.wim” 1 “E:\newsrc\install.wim” “Windows 7 HOMEPREMIUM (x64)”

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

Tripredacus

Tripredacus

K-Mart-ian Legend

• Super Moderator
  • 10,020 posts
  • Joined 28-April 06

Donator

Sure that export is fine. About the Windows Update agent... If this is normally installed using Windows Update, there is the potential to read the Windows Update log to get the URLs of the CAB/MSU files it downloads and download them separately.
MSFN RULES | GimageX HTA for PE 3-5 | lol probloms
tpxmsfn1_zps393339c1.jpg

maxXPsoft

maxXPsoft

MSFN Master

• Developer
  • 2,889 posts
  • Joined 14-November 03

how to integrate the windowsupdateagent exe

Extracting the cab files there are 3 but thats only part of the update so it best to just silent install that later with  /quiet /norestart

Download ++> Windows 7 + 8 Unattended DVD + App Installer + Services Disabler + Load All Button + XML Creator
Jump2Reg - Registry: - Oct 4, 2013 - Version 3.0.4 - 98, ME, NT, 2K, XP, VISTA, Seven, Windows 8+ and 32 or 64 bit

XP Unattended CD/DVD creator - Version 4.1.7
Sample xml + Setupcomplete + Add Right click .wim Windows 7 or Windows 8/8.1

Slimster

Slimster

I eat wasabi!

• 48 posts
  • Joined 31-August 04
Sorry for the late reply , thanks for the replys ill start tinkering next year ;)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Kelsenellenelvian