Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

Download Stream Video (from redbull)

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

Dogway

Dogway

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 391 posts

Hello, I'm having issues downloading a stream video from the redbull page. Obviously Download helper won't work, I also tried StreamTransport which usually tends to work.

Did a search to find alternatives and found this web, but none of the methods work either. With Coojah 6 I get several f4f file in a row, and URL Snooper 2 doesn't find anything.

This is the video I am trying to grab. link, but hopefully the method works also for the RedBull stratos documentary. The thing must be encrypted or something.

Edited by Dogway, 10 September 2014 - 12:53 AM.

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

-X-

-X-

• Patrons
  • 2,412 posts

Donator

Disable flash in  chrome://plugins/ and then right click and save video as. Tested on Google Chrome.

• Dogway likes this

Download all Windows XP Post SP3 High-Priority Updates with a simple double click @ xdot.tk post-12166-0-42859000-1399044129.png ]
               If someone helps you fix a problem, please report back so they and others can benefit from the solution. Thanks!

Dogway

Dogway

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 391 posts

Doesn't work on PaleMoon/Firefox, will test on Chrome.

Yes, works on Chrome, but the Save Video is not the browser context menu but the Flash (?) Save option while playing. It only downloads low quality though.

Edited by Dogway, 10 September 2014 - 07:10 AM.

Tripredacus

Tripredacus

K-Mart-ian Legend

• Super Moderator
  • 9,812 posts

Donator

Those are all Youtube videos and not "streams" (which work differently.)
MSFN RULES | GimageX HTA for PE 3-5 | lol probloms
msfn2_zpsc37c7153.jpg

Dogway

Dogway

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 391 posts

They are not youtube videos, despite the GUI looking like one. They are streams in the technical sense using stream protocols (RTMP), etc.

Tripredacus

Tripredacus

K-Mart-ian Legend

• Super Moderator
  • 9,812 posts

Donator

There are youtube videos on that page, I thought you meant those.

There IS a way to do it, however it involved a bit of work, possibly batch scripting and using a PHP file. The files themselves are in fragments, which need to be individually downloaded. This can be done in a batch process, there seem to be various ways to go about it using either browser plugins or others. Read through this thread to find the information about that:
http://forum.videohe...ring-converting

Here are the first two URLs containing the segmented files for your video:

http://international.stream.redbull.com/z/media/hds/1892432913001/201409/3093/1892432913001_37631,51354,49103,45155,45158,45136,49135,45124,001_MI201406060001-mpeg4-hd-medium-720-channelSelectionT0C0-T0C1.mp4.csmil/1_a3ed2f8d8e5b9694_Seg1-Frag1
/
http://international.stream.redbull.com/z/media/hds/1892432913001/201409/3093/1892432913001_37631,51354,49103,45155,45158,45136,49135,45124,001_MI201406060001-mpeg4-hd-medium-720-channelSelectionT0C0-T0C1.mp4.csmil/1_a3ed2f8d8e5b9694_Seg1-Frag2
I found these files by using Chrome's web developer panel, and looking on the Network tab. As for determining how many fragmments there are, you may need to watch the entire video (or maybe the end) and look at the the Network log. Screenshot:
Spoiler

I also did a google search for "Seg1-Frag1" to find that forum thread about combining the files.

Good Luck!
msfn2_zpsc37c7153.jpg

Dogway

Dogway

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 391 posts

Ah yes, the other videos seem to be from youtube. The documentary is only the first one.

Actually you can grab those files with Download Helper, they are f4f files, but I couldn't play them in any way. Mediainfo shows them blank. By reading the thread you supplied I guess they might be encrypted since I can't even play them with flash player (their native player).

I had experience on this kind of streaming, video sent in chunks, normally there was always a better way to grab the whole original source in one file. I remember with one short animation I had to rely on advanced screen grab with lossless codec which would capture at original resolution. I'm reading some more now, the protocol obviosuly is not RTMP which is old, it's a new Adobe protocol called HDS or HTTP Dynamic Streaming. Here is a method I will try as a fallback if there's nothing easier.

Edited by Dogway, 11 September 2014 - 10:26 AM.

Dogway

Dogway

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 391 posts

I finally got to download it. It involves "installing" (actually portable so no problem for me) PHP, then using KSV set of tools to download the fragments and then join them together. An overall guide is here. The problem is the last set of tools gave me a missing MSVCR110 error, I have a bunch of VC++ and crap installed (because other programs needing them) and this irked me. I finally ended up using an older version following this video guide and it worked fine, luckily video wasn't encrypted, if that was so it would have been impossible to grab.

Dogway

Dogway

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 391 posts

The RedBull Stratos Inside Story documentary is down, it was streaming for free in rdio.com, here, but now is down and being sold on itunes. So no luck on that. I'm also trying to grab the short animation I talked about earlier. It's this one, still online but I can't grab the manifest address, tried it allso on chrome, HDS Link Detector and URL Snooper.

Edited by Dogway, 11 September 2014 - 12:19 PM.

Tripredacus

Tripredacus

K-Mart-ian Legend

• Super Moderator
  • 9,812 posts

Donator

That site uses a wrapper and only will execute included SWFs if located on the correct domain. That animation is likely in the intro asset shown in their XML:
http://www.attractio...site/config.xml
msfn2_zpsc37c7153.jpg

Dogway

Dogway

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 391 posts

mmmm, how can I search more of it, protocol used, etc so maybe this is solved somewhere else.

"http://www.attractio...asset/intro.swf" takes me to a black (flash object) page.

Edited by Dogway, 11 September 2014 - 03:41 PM.

Tripredacus

Tripredacus

K-Mart-ian Legend

• Super Moderator
  • 9,812 posts

Donator

I've seen Flash sites built this way, it is an evolution of design you could say. In previous years, the individual SWFs would indeed run on their own. The individual object does not run on its own but requires includes from either the PHP (or whatever) page that it is designed to run from, OR includes from the wrapper SWF.
msfn2_zpsc37c7153.jpg

Dogway

Dogway

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 391 posts

So is this unattainable? I want to backup the animation, is nowhere to be sold.

edit: having a look at my old files, I used a program called Moyea to grab the pieces, it made an internal (not a WYSIWYG) capture, for which I used FFV1 lossless codec, that's the avi file.

I also grabbed a few disk cache files, the swf file. Those are the original I guess, but not everything was dumped to cache, or at least not that I noticed. It would be great to get all these swf files (the HD ones) and join them in a big one as kSV does, because there were also 2 or 3 chunks that I had to manually screen cap. So currently I have almost 4Gb made out of ~70 video files which is a mess.

Here are the samples. link

Edited by Dogway, 12 September 2014 - 12:50 PM.

-X-

-X-

• Patrons
  • 2,412 posts

Donator

I didn't know this thread was still going.  :unsure:

There's no issue doing the way I explained for the first video. You right click it and download the .mp4 which has the same quality as the original videos. It produces a 70MB file....

Spoiler

For the other YouTube videos I use jDownloader.

Download all Windows XP Post SP3 High-Priority Updates with a simple double click @ xdot.tk post-12166-0-42859000-1399044129.png ]
               If someone helps you fix a problem, please report back so they and others can benefit from the solution. Thanks!

Dogway

Dogway

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 391 posts

The conversation moved onto this post.

As for the documentary, your method downloads the low/medium quality videos. I already solved with a tool called KSV an HDS protocol downloader, I explained it here too, the source videos weight about 300Mb. Do you guys even read the posts? lol.

Also jDownloader is kind of dated software already, it's slow, bloated, and subpar, it can't download 1080p youtube videos for example, use 4K downloader for that. As for a general download manager I recommend you pyLoad.

-X-

-X-

• Patrons
  • 2,412 posts

Donator

jDownloader is slow to start up because it's Java based but it has no issues downloading 1080p and 2160p videos.

JDownloader_You_Tube.png

Dogway

Dogway

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 391 posts

It must have been updated very recently, during a long period of time there was no way to grab those. Anyways I switched to 4kDownloader for those, it can grab whole playlists and subtitles too so...

-X-

-X-

• Patrons
  • 2,412 posts

Donator

I think the new one, beta 2, has been around for a couple of years now. It can download from 1,500+ hosters and almost unlimited more as it has a scan websites without a dedicated plugin for media. It also does subs, playlists and even 3D videos from YouTube....

YouTubeOptions.png

hosters.png

EDIT: Actually it's 3558 websites as shown at the top of the first image and more are added every few days.

Edited by -X-, 13 September 2014 - 06:45 PM.

Dogway

Dogway

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 391 posts

Maybe the program is outdated, which I said, but the plugins are constantly updating, so this must be very new. jDownloader installs adware (3rd paragraph here too). It converted from a respetable program to a fishy one. Anyways it seems you wanted to chitchat about download managers, while the topic here is very different (grabbing stream videos).

Edited by Dogway, 14 September 2014 - 05:03 AM.

-X-

-X-

• Patrons
  • 2,412 posts

Donator

I'm just responding to your misstatements. Even though you just you made more, I'll stop.

Dogway

Dogway

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 391 posts

If you want to respond to all the misstatements you think to encounter on forums threads are rapidly going to turn into offtopic, as this thread already became.

Dogway

Dogway

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 391 posts

BTW, I tested again the animation with URLSnooper and I got the links of the source swf in a sane way (not like the older way with Moyea).

Some swf include several videos, or have scripted video, or no (matching) sound at all so a lot of editing will be necessary, mainly since it is an interactive animation, but at least I could grab the original files. I used swf decompiler to extract the original files in avi + mp3.

DosProbie

DosProbie

Friend of MSFN

• MSFN Sponsor
  • 739 posts

Donator

You can get the video stream IP address by  launching the statiion player at cmd prompt type in: netstat -n which will give you the established ip address it uses.

~DP

Edited by DosProbie, 16 September 2014 - 05:47 PM.

Dogway

Dogway

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 391 posts

yes, URLSnooper gave me the IP, but what can I do with it?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

How to remove advertisement from MSFN