Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

a good Win98SE gameing build?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Washu

Washu
  • 3 posts
  • Joined Yesterday, 07:59 AM

Hi all i'm new here^^

i ahve allways been intressted in old stuff, and now i thought i maybe i should build a gameing PC for old game for Win98 and later DOS games, it was my first OS i ever used,

but i don't know what is good and what is bad. i know already that there is a list of parts thats works for Win98. but still i don't know if it just take one of everything and u good to go. and on top of that i don't know what is a good price for eacth part. and so on im thinking of maybe paying around 200-280$ whit shipping ofc.

but as i don't know whats good and bad i wonder if i can get some tips of you guys thats know more about this cool stuff.

i live in EU Sweden. so plz don't say this is super cheap like 30$ if its not for me. i know there is alot cheaper stuff in US don't bother tell it if i can get it cheap too. there is no point of buying like a sound card for 50$ then shpping 40$ and importing 15-20$ i don't really see that point maybe if it is really good and thats the only way for me  but i kinda wonna avoid it if i can.

thx for you help.  sorry if this already exist.

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

Kelsenellenelvian

Kelsenellenelvian

WPI Guru

• Developer
  • 8,804 posts
  • Joined 18-September 03
A virtual box in your current pc would probably be best.

Kurt_Aust

Kurt_Aust

Master of trial, error & Google

• PipPipPipPip
  • 555 posts
  • Joined 26-April 07

Try this

Washu

Washu
  • 3 posts

hmm i see. 

but i whould be just cooler have a real PC instead of emulating. cuz if i have the real stuff i will not get any bugs or anyhing that can happend whit a EMU. and where is the fun factor if u EMU everything i mean ia hve C64, NES, ps1, MD, saturn, ps2, Dreamcast, GC and xbox. its mutch more fun to play on the real console then emulate it right?

or are it just that i will not get cheap for me is that the problem?  have seen som youtube vids about ppl in US buying old PC's for 5$

Tripredacus

Tripredacus

K-Mart-ian Legend

• Super Moderator
  • 9,820 posts
  • Joined 28-April 06

Donator

You should be fine with any Pentium 2 or 3 PC. I know AMD or Cyrix may be an option but I've never used either of those. I would pick out which video card you want to use, then determine which board you want. Reason being is that if you want to use certain AGP cards, the keying is different. So you wouldn't want to buy an AGP card just to find out it won't fit in the AGP slot in the board/PC you bought. Also consider that if you pick up a used PC that the case it is in may not fit what you want to put in it. This is fine if the board you get is an ATX board as you can get another case fairly easily.

I don't know what the market is like for you in Sweden for used PCs.

MSFN RULES | GimageX HTA for PE 3-5 | lol probloms
msfn2_zpsc37c7153.jpg

Washu

Washu
  • 3 posts

hmm the market are kinda dead what it feels like. im intressted in like voodo or nvidia stuff. but the voodoo cards looks really intressting..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

How to remove advertisement from MSFN