Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

Maybe a Special Windows 9 Deal For Windows XP Users

- - - - -

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5 replies to this topic

monroe

monroe

Friend of MSFN

• MSFN Sponsor
  • 924 posts
  • Joined 21-May 07

Donator

I posted an article in General Discussion that was moved to Technology News ... most people have probably read it by now.

It deals with the fact that Windows 9 could be a free download for Windows 8 users but mentions Windows XP also.

Confirmed: Windows 9 to be a free upgrade for Windows 8 users

http://news.yahoo.co...-133033409.html

This was in the article:

"others claimed the company is also considering some sort of special offers for existing Windows XP users."

"It’s not clear whether other Windows users who are on older versions of the OS will get any other special offers, and actual prices for Windows 9 have yet to be revealed. Microsoft is reportedly interested in moving many people from the older, and no longer supported, Windows XP and offering Windows 9 as a free download might be a great incentive for some."

Just would like to know how many XP users find this interesting or would even be interested in a chance to go from XP to Windows 9.

As of now, I am thinking I would just stay with XP ... I have a nice setup at present with all the software I need ... also my computers are older Thinkpads, perfect for Windows XP but probably not for a more modern OS like Windows 9.

I don't know, curious what others think on the subject and are you even interested ???

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

-X-

-X-

• MSFN Sponsor
  • 2,414 posts
  • Joined 08-January 04

Donator

No interest from me.

Download all Windows XP Post SP3 High-Priority Updates with a simple double click @ xdot.tk post-12166-0-42859000-1399044129.png ]
               If someone helps you fix a problem, please report back so they and others can benefit from the solution. Thanks!

monroe

monroe

Friend of MSFN

• MSFN Sponsor
  • 924 posts
  • Joined 21-May 07

Donator

I hear you and agree with you ... but I have a good image backup and might "fool around" with it for 5 minutes, knowing I can get my old XP setup back in 15 minutes.

dencorso

dencorso

Adiuvat plus qui nihil obstat

• Supervisor
  • 5,887 posts
  • Joined 07-April 07

Donator

No interest from me.

+1 :yes:

jaclaz

jaclaz

The Finder

• Developer
  • 14,465 posts
  • Joined 23-July 04

I posted an article in General Discussion that was moved to Technology News ... most people have probably read it by now.

So, for the benefit few people that have not noticed a most probably void of any truth piece of news, seemingly a mix between hearsay and wishful thinking by an unknown reporter of an unknown (outside Indonesia) technical magazine you thought interesting to beat some more this poor dead horse? :unsure:

jaclaz

Tripredacus

Tripredacus

K-Mart-ian Legend

• Super Moderator
  • 9,839 posts
  • Joined 28-April 06

Donator

Here is that topic:

http://www.msfn.org/...dy-who-can-say/

We don't need two of them. :no:

MSFN RULES | GimageX HTA for PE 3-5 | lol probloms