Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

Windows 10 - First Impressions

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

JorgeA

JorgeA

FORMAT B: /V /S

• MSFN Sponsor
  • 3,215 posts
  • Joined 08-April 10

I can do that. Yet, just as for its Win 8 counterpart, here we have more latitude... 

So then the idea is to shift the whole range of discussion from "Deeper Impressions" over to here?

If that's the case, I could go for that and then there'd be no reason to move the thread to the new Win10 subforum.

--JorgeA

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

dencorso

dencorso

Iuvat plus qui nihil obstat

• Supervisor
  • 5,943 posts
  • Joined 07-April 07

Donator

Yes. That was the ain reason for moving "Deeper Impressions" here. So I went ahead and created 1st impressions for 10 here.

But, now that "Deeper Impressions" has been here already for a long time (and it *is* a high traffic thread, you know) is time to reevaluate:

Either all such threads remain here or they go to their specific forums. Both. Of course, when my 10 1st impressions is retired, to give room for a corresponding "Deeper Impressions", I may move the retired thread to the 10 forum, while leaving the then new active thread here. I envision the moment for it as around when 10 goes RTM. OTOH, I may also fish the old 8 1st Impressions at the 8 forum and move it here, if we so decide. That's why I'm consulting you. 

JorgeA

JorgeA

• MSFN Sponsor
  • 3,215 posts
  • Joined 08-April 10

Yes. That was the ain reason for moving "Deeper Impressions" here. So I went ahead and created 1st impressions for 10 here.

But, now that "Deeper Impressions" has been here already for a long time (and it *is* a high traffic thread, you know) is time to reevaluate:

Either all such threads remain here or they go to their specific forums. Both. Of course, when my 10 1st impressions is retired, to give room for a corresponding "Deeper Impressions", I may move the retired thread to the 10 forum, while leaving the then new active thread here. I envision the moment for it as around when 10 goes RTM. OTOH, I may also fish the old 8 1st Impressions at the 8 forum and move it here, if we so decide. That's why I'm consulting you. 

Good questions all -- and thanks for asking!

I do like it that having the active thread under "The General Stuff" allows us to discuss a broader range of Microsoft-related topics than if the thread were placed specifically in the Windows 10 (or 8) subforums. So I would vote for leaving it here.

As to where to put the retired threads, I could go either way. I guess that ultimately it makes the most sense to move them to their corresponding OS subforums, but I don't feel strongly about that.

--JorgeA

JorgeA

JorgeA

• MSFN Sponsor
  • 3,215 posts
  • Joined 08-April 10

One "first impression" about Windows 10 is the lack of impression it seems to be making. If you go around the tech news sites, there's not a whole lot of talk about it, pro or con. Even here at MSFN the discussion seems to have ground to a halt. (Unless we're all so busy testing it and giving feedback to Microsoft via their forums, that there's no time left to come back in here.)

The general "first impression" of Win10 by the tech public seems to be "meh." Maybe that's because it tries to be all things to everybody (like with that Start Menu featuring a Live Tiles right panel) and ends up leaving no one in particular feeling really happy.

--JorgeA

Kelsenellenelvian

Kelsenellenelvian

WPI Guru

• Developer
  • 8,822 posts
  • Joined 18-September 03
I am weary of ms after the advances of win8 untill they bring back a better look (non win 1 era) and stop trying to cloud everyting im done

dencorso

dencorso

Iuvat plus qui nihil obstat

• Supervisor
  • 5,943 posts
  • Joined 07-April 07

Donator

+1

@JorgeA: "meh" indeed... or maybe even "D'oh!" :P

doh.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users