Xbox one designed with marketing in mind

koganstyle

I just noticed these annoying advertisements on the Xbox 360

Since when did gaming consoles become a marketing platform ?

Then I came across this,

http://www.techradar.com/au/news/gaming/consoles/xbox-one-has-advertising-and-kinect-on-its-mind-1164251

eeeeew I don't want ads in my face and a Kinect sensor spying on me for companies, how Intrusive and gross...

Edited by koganstyle

Its not news as i've seen the ad's before for legit relevant content, but now I see ads for the army and other gross stuff

Can anyone suggest wether this is happening on PS4, if it isn't ill switch platforms ?

Its not news as i've seen the ad's before for legit relevant content, but now I see ads for the army and other gross stuff

Do you mean that the army (of which country?) is not legit or that it is "gross stuff"? :unsure::w00t:

Actually if I had to find a number of kids willing to use weapons/combat I would be likely to place ads on a gaming platform, on specific games, like on Call of duty or other FPS's , more than I would on the Wii and on Guitar Hero or on a smartphone on Candy Crush Saga.

jaclaz

• 1 month later...

Microsoft X-box is basically an PC gaming engine. PC games are mostly FPS. You are all right if thier was no X-box then we would not see all the shooter crap. And all would be right. Because of this Shadowrun got ruined on the 360. To make things worst the X-box itself kinda defeated itself with cross-platforming. Were some games could play online. Look at Perfect Dark Zero. The thing is an utter mess. Everything on the X-box and so forth Microsoft is pure crap and otherwise would have benifited from being on an Nintendo, Sega, or Sony console. X-box is the crap box.

Microsoft X-box is basically an PC gaming engine. PC games are mostly FPS. You are all right if thier was no X-box then we would not see all the shooter crap. And all would be right. Because of this Shadowrun got ruined on the 360. To make things worst the X-box itself kinda defeated itself with cross-platforming. Were some games could play online. Look at Perfect Dark Zero. The thing is an utter mess. Everything on the X-box and so forth Microsoft is pure crap and otherwise would have benifited from being on an Nintendo, Sega, or Sony console. X-box is the crap box.

I can't say I totally agree with this, but I don't like military advertising in the movie section when I haven't viewed any war movies on my console. I'm just not going to buy a next gen console till my 360 breaks

Edited by koganstyle