Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

Integrating patched system files without WFP Problems

- - - - - patches WFP

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

Xtremetic

Xtremetic
  • 3 posts
  • Joined 09-October 14

I have a patched version of tcpip.sys which enables 100 concurrent connection ports and I want to put it in my REPLACE\i386 folder.  There could be a problem with this patched version of tcpip.sys in the installed XP being replaced when I run System File Checker.  I assume that the file size would no longer tarry with the information in a security catalog. I wonder if there are addons for patched system files that would somehow make XP perceive them as legitimate and not be rejected by WFP.  For instance, there is an addon offered at the RyanVM forum to allow the integration of patched dlls into XP to enable software Raid-5.  I wonder if this would work with HFSLIP, the RyanVM Integrator and nLite, and would it resolve WFP problems.  You can obtain it here:

http://www.ryanvm.ne...topic.php?t=713

Name of file: Rikgale_XPRAID5_addon_v1.cab

Edited by Xtremetic, 19 October 2014 - 03:25 AM.

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

jaclaz

jaclaz

The Finder

• Developer
  • 14,564 posts
  • Joined 23-July 04

Well, you can disable WFP.

Or am I missing something? :unsure:

jaclaz

Xtremetic

Xtremetic
  • 3 posts
  • Joined 09-October 14

I intend to have WFP runining as normal with my Windows installation made with a slipstreamed installation CD.  This seems like a good policy given my level of expertise.  If the installation includes patched system files they may be overwritten when I run System File Checker.  Unfortunately the Windows 2000/XP/2003 version of SFC does not ask the user if he wants to replace an incorrect system file in the way that the Win98SE version of SFC did.

Edited by Xtremetic, 19 October 2014 - 02:26 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users