Force OneDrive on Local Account

Drazick

Hello,

As for now, Microsoft doesn't allow installing / using OneDrive on Local Accounts when using Windows 8.1.

Is there a way to bypass it and install OneDrive client (With the OS integration) on Local Account?

That's the only thing preventing me from using Windows 8.1.

Thank You.

Seems to be "integrated" in 8.1. You may be out of luck.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/onedrive/forum/sdsign-sdsignin/accessing-onedrive-from-local-account/45b25de2-b1f0-481c-89e8-e00fd87a4481

edit - This was mentioned in the Topic but it has limitations (read the Topic).

http://www.ghacks.net/2013/11/09/access-skydrive-windows-8-1-using-local-accounts/

Edited by submix8c

As for now, Microsoft doesn't allow installing / using OneDrive on Local Accounts when using Windows 8.1.

That's interesting.

Can you be more specific about what you want to do?  I assume you're trying to do more than just enable copying to and from their servers via the browser.  I don't seem to have any problem with doing just that.

I use only a local account and I've scoured my system to disable all kinds of integrated SkyDrive/OneDrive stuff.  Seems like I've had to work pretty hard to find and disable an awful lot of drivers, extensions, etc. for something that apparently doesn't work anyway with a local account.

-Noel

Edited by NoelC

Hi,

Of course I can do what ever I want on the web UI.

I meant some like installing the OneDrive application on Windows 7, namely integration with Windows Explorer (OneDrive as a local folder).

This can't be done on Windows 8 / 8.1 as Microsoft won't let you install the application.

Thank You.

I have OneDrive installed on a local account including a folder but I also have Microsoft Office 2013 installed and perhaps there is a connection. Of course I have to use my Microsoft Account in order to access the OneDrive online together with my Hotmail etc..

No, I have Windows 8, I don't know if it is different with Windows 8.1. Also my SkyDrive was updated to OneDrive after I installed Microsoft Office 2013, so as I wrote there is a connection, I don't know if you can install OneDrive without having the Office installed.

Edited by HarryTri