Not sure where it went wrong (instabilities)

like i say there in the topic im not sure why this Pentium 2 system is unstable, (has a Trident 4MB vid ram GPU, SMC1211TX LAN Card, Happauge TV Capture card, ESS Audio Drive based soundcard, Card slot-style P II 300MHZ, 198MB Ram[1 128MB + 2x 32MB ram sticks)) but the System is as buggy as if im running 98 FE with 512mb+ Ram @_@

i've installed in order the unoffical SP found here http://www.msfn.org/board/topic/61749-98-se-sp-332/

(all misc  Options first then indivually the ones that say "Install seperatly") (Including NTFS Support)

Generic Mass Storage Drivers for Win 98

KernelEX 4.5.2

the board's Intel Chipset Drivers, ->the trident Video Drivers ->Sound Drivers, ->Lan Drivers, Capture Card Drivers

WinTV 2000 for Capture Card, and DScaler

but at this point things start getting weird, i'll have failed FS operations, system Hangs if on more than 2 days in arow, it randomly hangs durring shutdown, trying to download anything can result in a Hang, sometimes i will get a "Early PCI non-VGA Device" device installation on boot. 

i havent tested the ram yet, if its software relate dim not sure whats making thinsg so buggy @_@ but if its not anything i've installed then i'm going to call suspect on the ram, :/ i cant give a motherboard Model because i litterally do not see anything to hint at a make or Model # , if theres something that can get a ID from when its running please link me :/

i've installed in order the unoffical SP found here http://www.msfn.org/board/topic/61749-98-se-sp-332/

(all misc  Options first then indivually the ones that say "Install seperatly") (Including NTFS Support)

Try setting up your system without the Unofficial Service Pack and see if the problems still exist. Unless you have a hardware problem, I'll wager it is the source of your issues.

I don't know how version 3.32 of the service pack compares to version 2.1a, which is what I used. When I built my 98 unit, I installed the chipset drivers first and saved KernelEX until last. I seem to recall that KernelEX behaves somewhat differently on units with older processor types than it does on a P4. Unless you need access to an NTFS drive for the updates, I'd save that for later, after the OS itself is complete and stable.