optical mouse recommendations?

i'm looking to grab one, and wanted to hear some opinions on the hardware you guys use. did any of you ever get one that was a real lemon?

well, im using the Microsoft Intellimouse Explorer Optical and i gotta say, awesome :)

this is the one im using : http://www.microsoft.com/catalog/display.a...11140&x=53&y=17

I love it :rolleyes:

i suggest you give it a try

Blackwar

I used to have one like those BW, I loved it I really liked all the buttons it had on side (handy for web browsing). Got rid of it coz I kinda like the Trackball mouses more. I now have the Logitech Trackball and so far it rox.

I have the same one that BW owns...

I have both the older model and the newer model (2 buttons on one side vs. 1 button at each side) (got them for free from Microsoft)

I must say, they are excellent producnts.. and mine came with 5yr warranty.

Quite easy to install, you don't even need to install the drivers, they already in winxp... (you can assign them if u want more options to using ur mouse)

I mainly use it for the scroll features and the back/forward feature for browsing

I am using the Trackball, in fact I have 3 of them. One of the best features is that you do not move you hand at all just your fingers. This takes some getting use to but once you got it any other is a real discomfort to use.

eyes_055.gifClick to view

ms intellimouse is a good mouse but some people find it a bit big.

i have a Logitec, forget which model as they do a few. its smaller and fits in your hand, but personaly i wish i had got the ms intellimouse as i prefer it. just depends on your hand, go in a local comet , dixons, best buy or whatever and hold a few :)

you should expect to pay about £25 - £35 for something decent