Anyone had success installing the guest additions from VirtualBox on W

I installed Window 10 in a VirtualBox VM today but guest additions does not install correctly. The installer fails about half way through but some things do in fact get installed. The bidirectional clipboard works and the icon is displayed in the notification area but I need the network features too and that doesn't seem to be working.

Has anyone had success with the shared folders feature of Guest Additions? Google gives a few results but they do not talk about my specific issue. I'm using the 32 bit variant of W10.

I found this:

Oracle is not supporting Windows 10 as guest OS currently (since it is the first technical preview version at the moment), therefore VirtualBox guest additions installation is not straight forward.

However since it is from a blog, it may not still be true... As in most cases, blog writers do not go back and change their entries when things change. But at least it may help as it talks about Guest Additions:

http://www.sysprobs.com/install-windows-10-on-virtualbox-and-its-guest-additions

I also wonder if the version of VirtualBox matters. Are you using the latest version that supports Windows 8.1?

Yep. I always upgrade VirtualBox the day or the day after a new version is released. I have the latest.

That sysprobs.com is one of the sites I found and read. I tried what it said but had no luck on my end.