License terms ....

jaclaz

Let's see if you can :unsure: (without opening the spoiler of course), guess to WHAT EXACTLY these Intellectual Property License Terms are referring:

Your right to access the Database for the Permitted Purpose is conditional upon you first agreeing to the Terms. You may not access the Database if you do not accept the Terms.

By accessing the database you will be deemed to have accepted the Terms.

By accepting the Terms you warrant to us that you are of legal age and have capacity to form a binding contract with [redacted].

Before continuing you should print or save a local copy of the Terms for your records....
Intellectual Property Rights

(or IPRs) means all intellectual property rights, including but not limited to all rights existing or arising in respect of the Database whether or not such rights are registered or capable of being registered.

Permitted Purpose

means the right to:

( a ) use, adapt, reproduce, publish and communicate to the public the Database in any format (including any part of the Database); and

(  b ) design and build, or have designed and built on your behalf, any Derivative Products.

Terms

means the terms and conditions of this licence.

2. Commencement

2.1 The Terms commence on the Commencement Date and continue unless and until terminated in accordance with clause 8.

3. Grant of Licence

3.1 We grant you a non-exclusive, perpetual, royalty free, non-transferable and world-wide licence to access the Database for the Permitted Purpose.

3.2 You may not sublicense your rights under these Terms to any person.

OK, I know you cheated :yes:, and opened the spoiler.

They are related to accessing no less than the National Public Toilet Database :w00t: of Australia (property of the Commonwealth of Australia represented by the Department of Finance and Deregulation :whistle: (ABN 61 970 632 495) of Canberra A.C.T.) 
http://data.gov.au/dataset/national-public-toilet-map

Courtesy of Improbable Research:
http://www.improbable.com/2014/11/11/to-license-australias-national-public-toilet-map-dataset/
and to investigator Feng Qin

:rolleyes:

jaclaz

Edited by jaclaz

LOL :)

They have a database for THAT???  Of course they do.  I'm sure it's meant to prevent folks from copying the design of an existing product and marketing it as their own.  There are many. many patents on all the different aspects of the various products involved in any industry, and cutthroat competition exists in every business, as does piracy.  Money is money after all.

Thanks for the laugh, jaclaz.

Cheers and Regards

Thanks for the laugh, jaclaz.

I particularly like the:

( a ) use, adapt, reproduce, publish and communicate to the public the Database in any format (including any part of the Database); and

I would dare to say that the late :( Douglas Adams could have used this (as opposed to toothpick instructions) as exemplification of the reasons why humanity is gone insane. :whistle:, or more aptly it is a good, modernized version of ;):

http://www.planetclaire.org/quotes/hitchhikers/#Beware_the_Leopard

"But Mr Dent, the plans have been available in the local planning office for the last nine months."

"Oh yes, well as soon as I heard I went straight round to see them, yesterday afternoon. You hadn't exactly gone out of your way to call attention to them, had you? I mean, like actually telling anybody or anything."

"But the plans were on display ..."

"On display? I eventually had to go down to the cellar to find them."

"That's the display department."

"With a flashlight."

"Ah, well the lights had probably gone."

"So had the stairs."

"But look, you found the notice didn't you?"

"Yes," said Arthur, "yes I did. It was on display in the bottom of a locked filing cabinet stuck in a disused lavatory with a sign on the door saying 'Beware of the Leopard'."

jaclaz