Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

[System Customize] Change folder icon while still able to see the file

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

zjxls

zjxls

• 12 posts
  • Joined 27-January 14

Before editing:

Attached File  1.jpg   148.02KB   0 downloads

Empty :   nothing in it

Full:        only one folder in it

Full2:      1 non-folder file in it

Full3:      2 non-folder files in it

<*spoiler*>by changing registry value: Attached File  2.jpg   95.91KB   0 downloads<*/spoiler*>

After editing:

Attached File  3.jpg   34.08KB   0 downloads

Only the Empty folder icon gets changed. For any other types of folder icon, they are not changed.

Conclusion:

The windows folder icon is dynamic. Rather than changing itself from "image" to "image", it actually "deviants" itself with the file inside.

And I really do not want to turn off thumbnail view for folders......

Question:

1, How can I make the other 3 types of folder change as well? since the folder doesn't actually change if you look carefully. They just got overlaid by those thumbnails.

2, Where can I find information about how the folder icon works(or thumbnail works)? I am sure that it is not as simple as changing the icon entirely when a folder is made/modified.

Specs:

Attached File  4.jpg   25.02KB   0 downloads

-Thanks for reply smile.png

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users