bigmuscle

I don't have any problem using it, after having realized the initial selection dialog causes the application to load up the system-wide settings and show them to you if that's what you choose.  But in the vein of trying to help Big Muscle make it the most usable it can be, I'm just pointing out how it works generally differently than everything else.  We are not often confronted with a choice about whether to make settings system wide AND user-specific settings changes.  Applications, for example, generally install one way OR the other.

In your example, bphlpt, everything can be accomplished using just the user-specific settings.

Perhaps a checkbox near the top of the dialog that's always visible that says "[  ] Change system-wide settings" might make it a little more clear what's happening.

Oh, and if the intent is to make things completely flexible regarding configuring system-wide and user settings, you might want to consider a "Delete all user settings" feature, so someone could switch to system-wide configuration after having configured user-specific settings.

-Noel

Edited by NoelC

• 3 weeks later...

I do, I click save and I guess it does nothing because when I close the window everything goes back to the way it was.

Edit: Also, I try to change the theme atlas image an nothing happens. The only thing that stays is the unchecked "Disable transparency effect when running on the battery." 

Edited by dubstp151

well, maybe you edited the registry before and set settings in hkcu, but maybe the tool sets them in hklm and usually the user settings override the system ones...

• 1 month later...

Just want to say thanks again for this application...  Whenever I'm doing theme atlas work all I need to do is save the graphic file in the proper location from Photoshop (which I have a function key to do), then go into this GUI then just type a space at the end of the Theme atlas image field and delete it in order for the new resources to load.  Then I can do things like change the various controls to see how the resources work in a variety of situations.  Makes testing a breeze.

ThemeAtlasTesting.png

Big Muscle, if you want to provide any of my theme atlas files with your product, you're always welcome to do so.

-Noel

• 1 month later...

Hey there, I read the !!!Read First!!! post in it you mentioned that this guide http://glass8.eu/support.php
to help you get rid of the water mark but there's nothing there that mentions it. I like this aero glass program, but I don't want the water mark or the "This is a free version" message appearing.

I can't figure out to buy it and the donation page specificity says that donating will not upgrade your current version.

Could you please help me.

Edited by Magmarock

- It is my understanding that you Cannot BUY Aeroglass but you can DONATE to help with the development of AeroGlass.

To receive the 'donation version' ie donation.key I believe the donations start at 3 Euro.
  Read more here: => Post#282 http://www.msfn.org/board/topic/170850-old-aero-glass-for-win81/page-12?hl=%20euro%20%20donation

- Donation link is here which Starts at 3 € and how many donation keys you may receive => http://glass8.eu/support.php

~DP