bigmuscle

For what it's worth, My1, that's the kind of information most folks using licensing processes won't want to share, for obvious reasons.

Some things off the top of my head that you can google on your own to become more familiar with the processes:  "computer system identification", "hash codes", "trap door algorithms", "product activation".

-Noel

Well I just wanted to ask those who really wanna go around them, just decompile it and throw out what is in the way.

I see that the machine code is derived from hdd and cpu and somehow with that the key is generated, and especially that last pqrt is interesting how can the program check the key without any server and without a way that only depends on the fact that the algorithm is unknown, I am not sure but the only way could be a signing of the machine key with a private key that the exe has embedded.

As the enigma has shown in the 2nd world War, a good security shouldn't depend on tbe secrecy of the algorithm, but rather on the strength of keys and whatever.

Edited by My1

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I have no idea.  Having a copy of 7Zip on hand is very handy though.  Then you have the tool from then on.  It's one of the things I recommend everyone get; it's good.

-Noel

Well I like 7-zip too but it's plain annoying having the first thing after every reinstall being the installation of 7-zip instead if all the fun with aero, especially on systems plainly intended for testing

I consider 7-Zip to be an essential tool that every PC owner should have, no matter of OS or user skill level.  It is usually one of the first things I install for every OS install I am involved with.  It is just too useful not to have.

Cheers and Regards