Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

Catalyst 14.12 ("Omega") on Vista

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

smeezekitty

smeezekitty

• 11 posts
  • Joined 03-December 13

I realize that the number of people running Vista 32 bit is quite small and the ones running Vista with a recent

AMD Radeon is smaller still. But I wanted to share a modification for making Catalyst 14.12

work on Vista since the last release officially supported for Vista was Cat 13.12.

It seems like this is the go to place to share unofficial support for Windows stuff

In addition to installing manually through and modding the driver inf file as I described previously for

installing Catalyst 14.9 on Vista, this mod also requires the use of several patched .exe and .dll files

modified to use my wrapper for powrprof.dll (to cure crashes caused by a missing function)

Here are the patched files and the wrapper DLL download:

https://www.mediafir...fz67e75glq0zeat

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

blazer78

blazer78
  • 2 posts
  • Joined Yesterday, 05:46 AM

Thanks for your work, I had read your article on toms and was able to successfully install the 14.11.2beta driver on vista x64 (albeit with the user32.dll error each time I boot windows).

I have been unable to get 14.12 working properly on windows vista. Whilst it will manually install, I am unable to enable crossfire for my dual 6970's. Have you come across this problem / have any solutions for it?

smeezekitty

smeezekitty

• 11 posts
  • Joined 03-December 13

Thanks for your work, I had read your article on toms and was able to successfully install the 14.11.2beta driver on vista x64 (albeit with the user32.dll error each time I boot windows).

I have been unable to get 14.12 working properly on windows vista. Whilst it will manually install, I am unable to enable crossfire for my dual 6970's. Have you come across this problem / have any solutions for it?

Unfortunately that is difficult for me to troubleshoot because I don't have a CFX setup nor a Vista 64 machine.

But do you get any errors? If so, what are they?

blazer78

blazer78
  • 2 posts
  • Joined Yesterday, 05:46 AM

I get an error during installation of the driver saying "No driver installed, or your drivers are not functioning properly" after which I get an error saying that windows encountered an error whilst trying to install the drivers.

It then asks me to reboot, and when I check CCC upon bootup, 14.12 is installed, but I cannot enable crossfire.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users