KernelEx 4.5.2 updates
K4521.7z 93.19KB 15 downloads
How to install:
- backup existing Windows\KernelEx DLL files
- extract DLL files
- "Exit to DOS" out of Windows
- copy DLL files to Windows\KernelEx folder
- exit from DOS back into Windows
These updates are built from source for the highly-tested KernelEx 4.5.2. This first release is mainly for sanity testing my build setup. Files are slightly larger than the 4.5.2 files.
Changes to the source will be presented in following posts. Changes will initially come from the 4.5.3 beta ("Master" branch), Kexstubs, and related projects.
I did slip a few "wish-list" gifts into this first package just for Christmas:
- Kexbases.dll 126.96.36.199 has a Kernel32:VirtualProtect wrapper to fix the GCC problem and a Shell32:727 ordinal stub.
- Kexbasen.dll 188.8.131.52 has Oleaut32:442/RegisterTypeLibForUser and 443/UnRegisterTypeLibForUser ordinal/name stubs.
- Kernelex.dll 184.108.40.206 is a straight rebuild of 220.127.116.11 with just the version resource updated.
Topics for discussion
Versioning: Last official KernelEx product is 4.5.2, files 4.5.12, I'm currently using: product 4.5.2+ / 18.104.22.168; file 4.5.12.x.
Updates installer: suggestions for simple batchfile + wininit.ini solution.
API families TBD (additions welcome)
- My Kstub822.ini has lots of these definitions. Which need partial or full code rather than stubs?
- Acl/Dacl/Sacl (Security)
- API names must be stored in sorted order in memory
- plug-in limit is 4: std + kexbases + kexbasen + two more
- ApiConfigurations limit is 11 (0..10); higher numbers show but don't "stick"
- DLL must exist and be loaded for a new API to be added
- new API can't be added to DLL loaded via KernelEx\KnownDLLs
- no distinction between implecit(loader) and explicit(GetProcAddress) dynamic linking
- Psapi code problems