KernelEx 2022 (Kex22) Test Versions (4.22.26.2)

jumper

Yes, this system should be used mainly (only?) for testing purposes, that is for accurate reports of what works and what doesn't and in which configuration. Otherwise it could easily get out of hand.

• 2 weeks later...

Is there actually a full version of 4.5.2015.12 yet?

I'm still using 4.5.2015.11 with one version 12 file substitution to temporarily workaround the Windows startup problem.

:dubbio:

The screenshot and discussion of VTT are off-topic. Please remove them. (Or move them elsewhere.)

It's an example of what runs with the newest kernelex dlls. I don't understand why this bothers you but if it's really too much for you to take to have half a post showcasing success running an executable that would not previously run thanks to the dlls you post in this topic, I'll remove that and will only report bugs in the future...

> Is there actually a full version of 4.5.2015.12 yet?

Yes, but I haven't posted it yet because @loblo has yet to clean up post #307. Perhaps a moderator can help him move the tantalizing but very off-topic VTT content over to http://www.msfn.org/board/topic/152471-kernelex-apps-compatibility-list-new for further discussion.

Come on you guys, there's no sense in having a row over something like this.  :no:  I can see good points on both sides of this issue. Yes, it may technically be off-topic to post discussion and screenshots of success in this thread and maybe they would fit better elsewhere. However I don't see any reason to be overly agitated and hold up the entire project if such a report pops up from time to time.

@loblo

I understand you wish to report success with jumper's new files, but apparently he feels that such discussion should take place in a different thread. He has the right to do so I suppose, since it's his project and his thread. If you want me to move a post for you, let me know.

@jumper

You have the right to organize your thread as you wish, but if you do not want users to report successes with and discuss individual programs from time to time it may be best to state that specifically in the first post. Not everyone will have the same outlook on what is and is not "off topic."

Maybe Jumper is already working on a full v13 ?? The more I test auxiliary dll's the more missing api's I find, especially in ntdll.dll !
NtCreateKey, NtDeleteKey and many more around 'Key'.

On Dienstag, 1. März 2016 at 8:20 PM, DougB said:

Hah -- DLL HELL!!!  The situation i'm trying to avoid by keeping, as much as reasonable, the "system"-type DLLs only in the Windows\System\ folder.  But your suggestion is a good one when my approach might not work. 

- Doug

You can also try the auxiliary-dll approach suggested by Jumper ! It works beautifully here on my system.

• 3 weeks later...
On 10 March 2016 at 10:43 PM, jumper said:

> Is there actually a full version of 4.5.2015.12 yet?

Yes, but now the forum update couldn't have happened at a worse time. I can't attach files yet.

KernelEx.12.7z

Did you manage to upload it @jumper?
That link just produces an error message.
:no:

Yes.

http://www.msfn.org/board/attachments/
KernelEx.12.7z
168.1 kB · Uploaded Wednesday at 1:14 PM
KernelEx 4.5.2015.11 updates
1 download

The one download was within an hour of the post. I'm now getting "MSFN - Error 500 Internal Server Error" on this and two older attachments, so all attachments seems to be broken at the moment. :(
Edited by jumper

I successfully downloaded the file one hour ago and installed version 12. Win ME started without a problem. Also I ran a lot of programs without error messages. Kexbases has considerably become bigger.

Worked here too - no apparent problems with KexApps so far.
Is there a quick way to compare the contents of KexBases with what one have in Kext to remove possible double entries ?