new to forum like to say hi like to help if i can for 9xme projects

lloyd munga

mspatchc.dll v5.2.3760.0 does load so it should be useable.

I extracted msdelta.dll 6.1.7600.16385 from Windows 7.

The unsatisfied dependencies are all related to Tracing.

Stubbing them with ACCESS_DENIED or NOT_IMPLEMENTED might work.

For the project at hand, PatchAPI would be the safest way since - at least for deploying the packed drivers - one may use a vanilla system where msdelta.dll would not load. For other projects where KernelEx and/or KStub (and/or other enhancements) are installed, MSDelta would be more suitable.

I'll look into patch creation with mspatchc.dll. In the mean time let's hear lloyd munga, the OP, as I feel we kinda hijacked his topic with our Delta talk. :blushing:

I patched msdelta.dll so that it loads. I have not tested it yet. I do not use KernelEx.

Good :), so I can ask Drugwash (still if he has nothing better to do, i.e. with a low-low priority) if he could try making an user program making use of the MSdelta.dll compression working in Win9x/Me WITHOUT any "special" provision for NT based systems but ALSO WITHOUT any intentional and artificially introduced incompatibility with them. ;)

jaclaz 

I patched msdelta.dll so that it loads. I have not tested it yet. I do not use KernelEx.

That's good news. You may send it to me by mail if you want, for separate testing.

Good :), so I can ask Drugwash (still if he has nothing better to do, i.e. with a low-low priority) if he could try making an user program making use of the MSdelta.dll compression working in Win9x/Me WITHOUT any "special" provision for NT based systems but ALSO WITHOUT any intentional and artificially introduced incompatibility with them. ;)

jaclaz 

Yes sweetie, I could try that sometime. :lol:

We (people) do need a smile every now and then... :)

Well, it depends if we are all together (as people) or if there is still the wall between us :unsure:, usually when people on this side of the wall feel a bit sad they simply have a peek on the poor guys on the other side and *somehow* feel better and smile ;).

Hey, I even had a "custom made" emoticon :w00t: exactly for these occasions :yes::

jaclazDUCKEMOTICON_FINAL.gif

jaclaz

That's good news. You may send it to me by mail if you want, for separate testing.

I got mspatchc.dll and mspatcha.dll working. For some reason the File Name based routines (xxxA) gave me a problem, so I used the Handle Routines (xxxByHandles).

I did not get msdelta.dll to work. It kept reporting Error 13 (Invalid Data).

I have sent it to your AOL E-Mail.

It uses MSVCRT so you may want to experiment with newer ones.

I got mspatchc.dll and mspatcha.dll working. For some reason the File Name based routines (xxxA) gave me a problem, so I used the Handle Routines (xxxByHandles).

I did not get msdelta.dll to work. It kept reporting Error 13 (Invalid Data).

I have sent it to your AOL E-Mail.

It uses MSVCRT so you may want to experiment with newer ones.

Thank you, got it and replied.

Curious it wouldn't work by file name, I'm using exactly those routines in my tool since the handle-based ones are still incomplete in the wrapper and would just introduce unnecessary overhead obtaining and discarding handles. Maybe the flags weren't right? I'm using 0x3 (APPLY_OPTION_FAIL_IF_EXACT | APPLY_OPTION_FAIL_IF_CLOSE).

In previous tests when I first built the tool, the Test routines and/or flags wouldn't work for me but I haven't rechecked them now after fixing a few bugs.

@ den: Thank you for testing. I already fixed the progressbar option (which is disabled in current version due to some bugs) and will probably release a new version after I check a few more things. No worries about the e-mail address. ;)