Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

new to forum like to say hi like to help if i can for 9xme projects

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

dencorso

dencorso

Iuvat plus qui nihil obstat

• Supervisor
  • 6,131 posts
  • Joined 07-April 07

Donator

I've removed Drugwash's e-mail from the posts... all who need to know already know, so no reason to feed e-mail harvesters.

BTW, I confirm your MSPatchGUI works as intended. Thanks for yet one more useful tool. :thumbup

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

Drugwash

Drugwash

MSFN Expert

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,291 posts
  • Joined 21-June 06
I got mspatchc.dll and mspatcha.dll working. For some reason the File Name based routines (xxxA) gave me a problem, so I used the Handle Routines (xxxByHandles).

I did not get msdelta.dll to work. It kept reporting Error 13 (Invalid Data).
I have sent it to your AOL E-Mail.
It uses MSVCRT so you may want to experiment with newer ones.

Thank you, got it and replied.

Curious it wouldn't work by file name, I'm using exactly those routines in my tool since the handle-based ones are still incomplete in the wrapper and would just introduce unnecessary overhead obtaining and discarding handles. Maybe the flags weren't right? I'm using 0x3 (APPLY_OPTION_FAIL_IF_EXACT | APPLY_OPTION_FAIL_IF_CLOSE).

In previous tests when I first built the tool, the Test routines and/or flags wouldn't work for me but I haven't rechecked them now after fixing a few bugs.

@ den: Thank you for testing. I already fixed the progressbar option (which is disabled in current version due to some bugs) and will probably release a new version after I check a few more things. No worries about the e-mail address. ;)

dencorso

dencorso

Iuvat plus qui nihil obstat

• Supervisor
  • 6,131 posts
  • Joined 07-April 07

Donator

In case you decide to release a newer version, please do consider adding an optional parameter on the .INI for the user to point the tool to 7z.exe, in case one already has it installed.

Drugwash

Drugwash

MSFN Expert

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,291 posts
  • Joined 21-June 06

That would take a few changes in the code. I'll consider it. Thanks for the idea! :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

rloew