Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

Intel HD Haswell on Windows Vista?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

AnX

AnX

Fighting for the right to OS since 2010

• PipPip
  • 194 posts
  • Joined 20-June 12

Is it possible to mod the Intel HD haswell driver to support Vista?

Dual boot Windows XP SP3 x86 and Windows Vista SP2 x64.

AMD FX-8320 8-core CPU with Hyper 212 Evo, ASUS M5A99FX PRO R2.0 Motherboard, 8GB 1600 RAM, 60GB SSD (8.1) and 500GB HDD (XP), Sapphire R7 260X 2GB Graphics Card, 620W Seasonic S12II, CM HAF 912 case.

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

AnX

AnX

Fighting for the right to OS since 2010

• PipPip
  • 194 posts
  • Joined 20-June 12

I know it's been a while, but i've successfully gotten Intel HD Graphics to work on Vista. All you need to do is get the XP 32 or 64 bit drivers and copy the hardware ids in the .inf to the nt6 section. It installs and hardware acceleration is present. Though you'll need to manually enable aero through a reg hack.

af01cad97c4c2cd5dc133a2caa724a54.png

Dual boot Windows XP SP3 x86 and Windows Vista SP2 x64.

AMD FX-8320 8-core CPU with Hyper 212 Evo, ASUS M5A99FX PRO R2.0 Motherboard, 8GB 1600 RAM, 60GB SSD (8.1) and 500GB HDD (XP), Sapphire R7 260X 2GB Graphics Card, 620W Seasonic S12II, CM HAF 912 case.

submix8c

submix8c

Inconceivable!

• Patrons
  • 4,527 posts
  • Joined 14-September 05

"<snip>get the XP 32 or 64 bit drivers and copy the hardware ids in the .inf to the nt6 section."

If I might ask, why would XP Driver INF's have an "NT6" section? This makes no sense. :unsure:

"<snip>you'll need to manually enable aero through a reg hack."

If I might ask, where's the reference to the hack? Where in the registry, or do people have to search WWW/MSFN?

:( You're post is providing no help to others, as it lacks any direct info/instructions/links.

Someday the tyrants will be unthroned... Jason "Jay" Chasteen; RIP, bro!

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users