Intel HD Haswell on Windows Vista?

AnX

• 1 month later...

I know it's been a while, but i've successfully gotten Intel HD Graphics to work on Vista. All you need to do is get the XP 32 or 64 bit drivers and copy the hardware ids in the .inf to the nt6 section. It installs and hardware acceleration is present. Though you'll need to manually enable aero through a reg hack.

af01cad97c4c2cd5dc133a2caa724a54.png

"<snip>get the XP 32 or 64 bit drivers and copy the hardware ids in the .inf to the nt6 section."

If I might ask, why would XP Driver INF's have an "NT6" section? This makes no sense. :unsure:

"<snip>you'll need to manually enable aero through a reg hack."

If I might ask, where's the reference to the hack? Where in the registry, or do people have to search WWW/MSFN?

:( You're post is providing no help to others, as it lacks any direct info/instructions/links.

I tried many registry edits myself to no avail so far. I'd like help on how to enable it.

And yes, the Intel HD GPU drivers have an NT 6 section.

Edited by AnX

So, is this an offshoot of this topic?

http://www.msfn.org/board/topic/170950-windows-2000-on-haswell/

What driver did you get that supports XP on a Haswell that can be "modded" to allow for Vista?

Again, you're providing no links/info to assist with the research. And your sig doesn't indicate the MoBo you speak of (whatever it is). It seems a waste of time to search all the threads you post in or topics you start to get a direct answer when you already know and could say so here. :unsure:

As for Aero, also :unsure:.

Understand I don't have any of the above (whatever it is) but *would* be willing to dig for you *if* you'll give out some specifics in *this* topic.

Note how I gave a link to another topic you started but never said *anything* about being resolved, how you did it, using aht you used. :crazy:

Searches I used -

Haswell + AnX as Posts

AnX as Topics

Links, please. Versions, please, Motherboard/Chipset, please. As Johnny Five said - "INput!"

Found this. Now, what, pray tell, was the end result of this topic?

http://www.msfn.org/board/topic/172834-windows-vista-on-z97/